Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 3, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6471004_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UK release has popped up on zavvi. There's a title on the front, but it's blu-ray only, no 4K... hope this isn't a sign of things to come :(
Yea - single disc release only:
Reportedly going live for all at 3pm this afternoon (UK time), with no RC window...

Yea - single disc release only:
Reportedly going live for all at 3pm this afternoon (UK time), with no RC window...
Yeah, that's what I was referring too. I'll be skipping that one. Probable matte finish, and no 4k, equals no sale. Will be going for the bestbuy.

They haven't missed any disney animated or live action releases over the last few years, so I'd expect so, yes. They've not announced one yet though.
Thanks mate - that was what I was thinking too. SMLife are probably an acquired taste but I've been quite impressed with the slips they've done for their last few releases.

Thanks mate - that was what I was thinking too. SMLife are probably an acquired taste but I've been quite impressed with the slips they've done for their last few releases.
They are, yes. I like them too, probably not enough to buy many though, being WWA steels. Certainly better since they decided to remove the printed banners from their slips anyway.

Reactions: Loony_Tic
I didn't expect zavvi to release it without a 4K disc. Why?
It's funny the price is still the same.

The price is lower in Canadian funds compared to their recent Disney releases. This shows as $48.99 Canadian while recent releases have shown as $59.99 Canadian when including a 4K disc.

I'm wondering, if this really is a Zavvi exclusive, then perhaps this Blu-ray SteelBook is Zavvi's exclusive and another retailer in the UK will get the 4K exclusive.

I guess perhaps it shouldn't be a surprise since none of the Disney SteelBooks are selling out on Zavvi anymore.

Also amazon.es just started the pre-orders for Luca (out august 30) and they will release the steelbook as well (1 disc BD only)

hi all, I've posted a group buy for this. Please note that in order to get copies secured, I have to start placing orders now.

Typically we see the price at Best Buy @ $34.99 but this does look to be higher @ $39.99 which is unfortunate as this gets passed on
to you as well.

That being said, I will continue to place orders as I long as I'm able and will continue restocking the group buy when those orders are
confirmed.

So if it's out of stock on my group buy, please keep checking back for restocks and also tag me in this thread so I can see you missed out.

We don't have a lot of time with this one with the early August release date so at some point I expect to see the listing switched to in store
only, preventing me from further orders. No telling when that could happen, so I'll do my best to keep up with requests.

Thanks

hi all, I've posted a group buy for this. Please note that in order to get copies secured, I have to start placing orders now.

Typically we see the price at Best Buy @ $34.99 but this does look to be higher @ $39.99 which is unfortunate as this gets passed on
to you as well.

That being said, I will continue to place orders as I long as I'm able and will continue restocking the group buy when those orders are
confirmed.

So if it's out of stock on my group buy, please keep checking back for restocks and also tag me in this thread so I can see you missed out.

We don't have a lot of time with this one with the early August release date so at some point I expect to see the listing switched to in store
only, preventing me from further orders. No telling when that could happen, so I'll do my best to keep up with requests.

Thanks

Hope there’ll be some more put on the group buy

I wish Disney wasn’t so inconsistent with their releases - gloss/matte finishes, title/title-less releases and now 4K/No 4K for the Zavvi version of Luca. I’m in the UK and have imported Best Buy Disney steelbooks in the past and while the finish is a lot nicer in gloss compared to Zavvi, the quality control is really bad - always arrived scratched or dented and it’s not the third party seller as they’re packaged very well and the J-card is always in tact with no damage until you take it off to reveal what’s underneath and it gets so expensive importing and replacing them. I don’t want to have to get the Best Buy version but I feel I’m gonna have to now that the Zavvi version comes with no 4K. I could get the standard amaray version but all my Pixar’s are on Steelbook so it’ll look odd. Don’t know what to do now.