Release date: August 23, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £26.99
Finish: Matte w/ debossed title

1.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Scraggy
I'm sure it has been asked, but does anyone know the finish before I go for the Bestbuy one?
Nope, but there hasn't been a glossy (or spot glossy) UK disney steel for a while now. So unfortunately I'd expect this will be matte, probably with a debossed title. Go for the bestbuy, it looks fantastic, plus 4K.

Reactions: davhyl
Just received.
Matte finish, debossed title, and colourful!

This is the first Disney and/or Pixar steelbook I’ve picked up in a long while after the recent lacklustre releases (still irked that we got such a dull and washed out Toy Story 4 steelbook to this day - here’s hoping it gets a proper release one day!) and it feels a lot closer to a return to form that stands up to some of the earlier titles.

Attachments

• 6E4AAC2D-E77C-4736-A751-3692D87D0DEF.jpeg
    6E4AAC2D-E77C-4736-A751-3692D87D0DEF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
  • 19F7076D-9E2E-48DE-933C-D6B1EAA3D7EE.jpeg
    19F7076D-9E2E-48DE-933C-D6B1EAA3D7EE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
  • 6647CF92-334C-4099-AF05-DBB2257D12F5.jpeg
    6647CF92-334C-4099-AF05-DBB2257D12F5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
Jesus.
This is getting ridiculous now.
Just apply the gloss you cheap b@stards

Reactions: Noodles
But I thought the reason you guys pay extra is for the privilege of not having gloss and this time the lack of a 4K disc. :dunno:

Just received.
Matte finish, debossed title, and colourful!

This is the first Disney and/or Pixar steelbook I’ve picked up in a long while after the recent lacklustre releases (still irked that we got such a dull and washed out Toy Story 4 steelbook to this day - here’s hoping it gets a proper release one day!) and it feels a lot closer to a return to form that stands up to some of the earlier titles.
Full matte? The Best Buy version has metallic elements. It isn’t full gloss, or at least my copy isn’t. It’s more like the semi-older Zavvi Disney/Pixar SteelBook releases.

Full matte? The Best Buy version has metallic elements. It isn’t full gloss, or at least my copy isn’t. It’s more like the semi-older Zavvi Disney/Pixar SteelBook releases.
No metallic elements unfortunately...
I was pretty happy with it before realising the US version has a better finish! I'll settle for it though, the artwork is pretty on point, we have a title and it's on the 'better' side of the Disney/Pixar steelbooks.

Just a massive shame we've had so many mismatches along the way - remember when the line started and pretty much all of the steelbooks released were spectacular?!

Reactions: RMA
No metallic elements unfortunately...
I was pretty happy with it before realising the US version has a better finish! I'll settle for it though, the artwork is pretty on point, we have a title and it's on the 'better' side of the Disney/Pixar steelbooks.

Just a massive shame we've had so many mismatches along the way - remember when the line started and pretty much all of the steelbooks released were spectacular?!

That’s disappointing!

Sadly, I wasn’t collecting, then. I have managed to buy some of the classics.

Even after that, the non-US releases often had unique embossing/debossing and metallic elements.