Machete (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #48) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: April 17, 2017
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular
Price: $123 (One Click) OOS - $36.99 (Individual editions)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Cooey

IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0820.JPG IMG_0821.JPG IMG_0822.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG
15697922_2007368549490352_6884844604002932143_n.jpg
17194024_1407050929366345_1147198461_o.jpg 17193991_1407050959366342_1809270601_o.jpg 17194053_1407051012699670_1182823024_o.jpg
15697922_2007368549490352_6884844604002932143_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave up on kimchi releases a while back..title releases like this are why
Personally never bought any of their products but as a sample of their wares this is downright dismal and reminds me of the type of art that would make for good cover art for a NUDE NUNS WITH BIG GUNS steelbook which of course will never come and I'll have to make do with the Amaray for that title:-
20382_large.jpg

No Danny Trejo on the front is more than ridiculous . . . but as a completist - if I collected steelbooks from this retailer - I would no doubt still pick it up.

As for the red colour - this has already been done on the Best Buy exclusive and on the French two film collection steelbook:-
131638_large.jpg
95906_large.jpg

As for Robert Rodriguez big fan (and kind of prefer him to QT) and always enjoy PLANET TERROR, DESPERADO, THE FACULTY, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, and of course this one, when I sit down to watch them.

Last edited:
Reactions: themanfromunkle
I don't own this on steel, so may wait a few months to scoop up a cheap copy on eBay.

Personally never bought any of their products but as a sample of their wares this is downright dismal and reminds me of the type of art that would make for good cover art for a NUDE NUNS WITH BIG GUNS steelbook which of course will never come and I'll have to make do with the Amaray for that title:-
20382_large.jpg

No Danny Trejo on the front is more than ridiculous . . . but as a completist - if I collected steelbooks from this retailer - I would no doubt still pick it up.

As for the red colour - this has already been done on the Best Buy exclusive and on the French two film collection steelbook:-
131638_large.jpg
95906_large.jpg

As for Robert Rodriguez big fan (and kind of prefer him to QT) and always enjoy PLANET TERROR, DESPERADO, THE FACULTY, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, and of course this one, when I sit down to watch them.
I know you collect UK steel's, have you ever thought about or been tempted to buy/collect others such as FA, Kimchi etc?

I know you collect UK steel's, have you ever thought about or been tempted to buy/collect others such as FA, Kimchi etc?

VERY, very tempted . . . but only with WEA artwork such as the Blufans JUNGLE BOOK and even the MACHETE which I haven't seen elsewhere as I personally see no point in buying the exact same steelbooks I already have just because they are now being re-released in fancy packaging.

I don't personally buy into this whole slipcover/slipcase, Art card thingy for steelbooks when my only real interest lies in the slab of metal inside and would only accept those bits-and-bobs if they didn't add to the cost of the steelbook as in the Zoom / Zavvi recent mini collection and, yes, I know, you get what you pay for in regard to slipcases . . .
On the other hand I do appreciate the beauty of some of the slipcases that come with the packages you mention with lenticulars that scream quality . . . like I said I wouldn't buy them for myself but I can understand 100% why certain collectors would.

I personally have no interest in slipcovers / slipcases for steelbooks whereas I have great interest in slipcovers for Amarays and I will not buy/accept an Amaray from a retailer unless it comes with its original slipcover (if it originally came with one obviously) even if it means hunting down the Amaray with original slipcover on the secondary market.

In conclusion: I'd most likely buy all of the WEA steelbooks out there (if I could afford to and had the space on my shelves . . . LOL) if they were JUST the steelbooks and came . . .
. . . without fancy packaging. . . with no non-English print anywhere on the steelbook or j-card . . . with similar prices to steelbooks offered in the U.K.

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
@virkia

Kimchi relises even the steelbook's never mind the slips are , err BLING is the word that springs into my mind .

It seems the finish is more slick than the U.K mainstream retailers .

No I wont be buying this one as I am happy with my amray , as I also need to cut back again LOL .

I am not sure if I like the red or not. I guess it will all come down to if they use high quality finish or not. I expect the slips to be top notch.

Just for the fun of it: Here's the German steelbook for comparison (I don't know if this was a special first print or not):
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Metallic effects on the knives (front) and the gun (back). Quality matte finish.