Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: January 24, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £99.99

13343551-9944897236486168.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these type of sets but have never bought any apart from one which was from zavvi.
Was sent in a home made box a box cut up and basically wràpped around it.
Arrived a mess, I had zavvi return it at there cost and had them arrange there courier to pick up from my place.
I requested in the form i wanted a replacement and next one arrived in a slightly better box with thin layer of bubble around it.
But again the outer case was a mess but not as bad as first but bad enough this was the batman set.
I asked them to send another but by this time they had enough, if only back then they took care in packing right.
There was a lot of back and forth and taking it further uk the ranks i was told to just keep it and was refunded.
Ok got the steelbooks inside for free but i really wanted this for the whole package.
I not purchased these types from them since and im curious how they wrap and pack these days, im hearing similar sized editions are now in sturdy boxes?
Was there not hobbit and lord of rings sets how did they send them out?
Im a sucker for mad max and this set would be cool or i might be happy with the single steels.
But this set in particular would be good it's just has zavvi improved in packing these?

I just not grabbed similar editions from other places as seems to be more damaged than non damaged arriving to customers regardless where they are purchased from.
Be nice if these was sent in a foam box.

I love these type of sets but have never bought any apart from one which was from zavvi.
Was sent in a home made box a box cut up and basically wràpped around it.
Arrived a mess, I had zavvi return it at there cost and had them arrange there courier to pick up from my place.
I requested in the form i wanted a replacement and next one arrived in a slightly better box with thin layer of bubble around it.
But again the outer case was a mess but not as bad as first but bad enough this was the batman set.
I asked them to send another but by this time they had enough, if only back then they took care in packing right.
There was a lot of back and forth and taking it further uk the ranks i was told to just keep it and was refunded.
Ok got the steelbooks inside for free but i really wanted this for the whole package.
I not purchased these types from them since and im curious how they wrap and pack these days, im hearing similar sized editions are now in sturdy boxes?
Was there not hobbit and lord of rings sets how did they send them out?
Im a sucker for mad max and this set would be cool or i might be happy with the single steels.
But this set in particular would be good it's just has zavvi improved in packing these?

I just not grabbed similar editions from other places as seems to be more damaged than non damaged arriving to customers regardless where they are purchased from.
Be nice if these was sent in a foam box.

Forget it. Shipping and packaging never changes. From any retailer. There is no way you are getting an undamaged set all the way to Australia and you know it.

And there is the official zavvi email. Oddly sent to my "focused" inbox. Usually these emails go to my "other" inbox.

Forget it. Shipping and packaging never changes. From any retailer. There is no way you are getting an undamaged set all the way to Australia and you know it.
Well I heard from others in Australia that not this type box sets like dawn of the dead etc was sent in sturdy boxes? I never got mine from zavvi just incase.
But it seems amazon is worse these days in many type's of editions with very poor packaging again very rarely grab from them these days.

I hesitate whether to buy or not. Yes, it's highly likely to get damaged in shipping. Why is it so hard for retailers to bubble wrap?

Would be so easy in a thick foam box wrapped in a thin cardboard box as foam box would protect it.
So easy that no retailer that deals in SteelBooks as well as many other products wants to do it.

I doubt retailers have a list of individual boxing and shipping instructions for each of the thousands of individual items that they sell.

How to ship a T-shirt, how to ship a mug, how to ship sneakers, how to ship their beauty products, how to ship an amaray movie. how to ship a SteelBook, how to ship a 4 SteelBook set and on and on and on.

Who's going to train individuals how to ship each individual item of the thousands that they sell when the warehouse staff probably gets seconds to get an item picked, packed and shipped?

Warehouse workers have quotas they have to meet in items shipped in minimum times. Has anybody ever watched any videos about warehouse workers at places like Amazon? I'm sure Zavvi's no different.

Who's going to train individuals how to ship each individual item of the thousands that they sell when the warehouse staff probably gets seconds to get an item picked, packed and shipped?

Warehouse workers have quotas they have to meet in items shipped in minimum times.
If they trained them how to properly ship items (and if they wanted to save time), they wouldn't need many others that deal with returns, refunds and customer service (and therefore waste all that previously saved time).

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Ordered just now on my lunch break as I sit here snacking on a steak bake and watching a disorderly queue of cars waiting for their turn at the Guzzolene pumps!

Madness here in uk at the moment

Reactions: GeoRattray
So easy that no retailer that deals in SteelBooks as well as many other products wants to do it.

I doubt retailers have a list of individual boxing and shipping instructions for each of the thousands of individual items that they sell.

How to ship a T-shirt, how to ship a mug, how to ship sneakers, how to ship their beauty products, how to ship an amaray movie. how to ship a SteelBook, how to ship a 4 SteelBook set and on and on and on.

Warehouse workers have quotas they have to meet in items shipped in minimum times. Has anybody ever watched any videos about warehouse workers at places like Amazon? I'm sure Zavvi's no different.

Ok whatever mate

If they trained them how to properly ship items (and if they wanted to save time), they wouldn't need many others that deal with returns, refunds and customer service (and therefore waste all that previously saved time).

This item is this size, so this is the package you use. Get it done. This item is smaller so this is the smaller package you use. Get it done.

I'm convinced most of you live in your own fantasy worlds. The reality is all of that stuff is built into the cost of doing business. They don't lose money on it because you're the ones who are already paying for it in the prices that you pay for the items.

Ordered, but maybe will cancel if German box is the same.

You're right, BUT someone like Zavvi, who specializes in media, and steelbooks, ought to have exactly such instructions.
FilmArena's packing is the best I've seen - it's not only thick cardboard box, but super thick styrofoam all around their releases, and in winter they wrap the whole box in duct tape, so it can lay in a puddle, so even if delivery van crashes, everyone dies, packages fly all over and lay in melting snow for days, it will arrive in perfect condition.

Most of these have a limited window for red carpet members say 6 or 7 hours then non carpet members can purchase. Some variants of the releases are red carpet only with say slipcases and the like.

Ordered, but maybe will cancel if German box is the same.

You're right, BUT someone like Zavvi, who specializes in media, and steelbooks, ought to have exactly such instructions.
FilmArena's packing is the best I've seen - it's not only thick cardboard box, but super thick styrofoam all around their releases, and in winter they wrap the whole box in duct tape, so it can lay in a puddle, so even if delivery van crashes, everyone dies, packages fly all over and lay in melting snow for days, it will arrive in perfect condition.

Does FAC sell any other products?

My first job straight out of school at the age of 16 was in a warehouse packing industrial products, with no training or advice from those in charge... I was simply told to pack outgoing orders and left to it. Wasn't hard to just use common sense when it came to how to pack all the different items, and the majority of them weren't exactly fragile, yet I still made sure to pack them carefully. Doesn't take a genius! I mean, if I could figure it out, then no one else has an excuse lol. However, I did witness others (much older guys who you'd assume were wiser) doing the same job, but clearly didn't care and took a "not my problem" approach, meaning any issues that were received on the other end weren't for them to worry about... come across a lot of folks like that over the years unfortunately.