Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: January 24, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £99.99

13343551-9944897236486168.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to do, if you're so worried about packaging, is use a shipping forwarder that will pack your things as you wish, and even film it and upload a video for you.

Does FAC sell any other products?
Well they're like a local Zavvi, that's why I mentioned them as a best example. They sell all kinds of DVDs, BDs, and movies related merchandise - t-shirts, backpacks, keychains, mugs, movie themed bed linens even, stuff like that.

Reactions: Stygian
Is there any chance this will come out in the States eventually? I want the first 3 in 4K Steelbook format and that outer box looks cool. I just can't afford Zavvi's price. Ugh.

This item is this size, so this is the package you use. Get it done. This item is smaller so this is the smaller package you use. Get it done.
Meanwhile, literally today, customer service member on Amazon spent 15 minutes chatting with me about damaged items and I got £16.50 refund. Couldn't they rather invest 2 mins and £0.10 on proper packaging? Sounds like a much better deal to me. Plus imagine all the ratings going upwards because of it, and shifting customer's funds away from competition.

Recently ordered that Ghost in the Shell steelbook from AnimeOnline simply because I was desperate to find someone other than Zavvi and Amazon.

Ordered, but maybe will cancel if German box is the same.

You're right, BUT someone like Zavvi, who specializes in media, and steelbooks, ought to have exactly such instructions.
FilmArena's packing is the best I've seen - it's not only thick cardboard box, but super thick styrofoam all around their releases, and in winter they wrap the whole box in duct tape, so it can lay in a puddle, so even if delivery van crashes, everyone dies, packages fly all over and lay in melting snow for days, it will arrive in perfect condition.

Hehe, I bet that warms the cockles of the deceased driver's family. Even through death, he still delivered the package. Sounds like a premise for Max Max 6. :LOL:

Currently one sequel planned with, one prequel confirmed without.
I like Chris Hemsworth. Arkansas, Cut Bank and Killerman are great movies. I´m sure the prequel of Fury Road will be as well. Strange that they let the Mad Max text away and it is just Furiosa, but it are probaly too much parts, same with Spiral.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, literally today, customer service member on Amazon spent 15 minutes chatting with me about damaged items and I got £16.50 refund. Couldn't they rather invest 2 mins and £0.10 on proper packaging? Sounds like a much better deal to me. Plus imagine all the ratings going upwards because of it, and shifting customer's funds away from competition.

Recently ordered that Ghost in the Shell steelbook from AnimeOnline simply because I was desperate to find someone other than Zavvi and Amazon.

No because they don't feel the need. Amazon isn't hurting for business or profits.

Reactions: MrSquifler
So apparently across the pond Mad Max 2 and Beyond Thunderdome are being recalled due to audio issues? Where does this leave the EU releases??

Since they're supposed to ship on December 9th in Italy, safe to assume all the discs are replicated and packed 2 weeks before release.
I wish they'd just postpone it a couple of months, rather than offer any kind of replacement, which won't work for those ordering outside of official countries of intended sales.

I've watched the US copies of Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome and I didn't notice any disc audio issues. Granted, I did only utilise the English Atmos tracks, so the issue must be with one of the lossy alternatives.

I've watched the US copies of Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome and I didn't notice any disc audio issues. Granted, I did only utilise the English Atmos tracks, so the issue must be with one of the lossy alternatives.
It appears the issue is with all the English language tracks - the Atmos mix appears to be missing sound effects, among other issues, and the other "lossy" tracks were supposed to be original but seem to be down-sampled from the same faulty Atmos track. So complete f#ckery all around.
But I'm glad they are pushing the release back - hope it will be the same in the rest of Europe.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
It appears the issue is with all the English language tracks - the Atmos mix appears to be missing sound effects, among other issues, and the other "lossy" tracks were supposed to be original but seem to be down-sampled from the same faulty Atmos track. So complete f#ckery all around.
But I'm glad they are pushing the release back - hope it will be the same in the rest of Europe.
I'm hardly a religious fan, so possible I missed something. Can't say anything sounded a miss with the atmos track to the layman though. Must've been something relatively minor... Reprinting due to the original audio snaffoo is fair and admiral though.