Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.33 star(s) Rating: 2.33/5 3 Votes
Title: Madame Web

Director: S.J. Clarkson

Cast: Dakota Johnson

Plot: A Madame Web movie set in Sony's Spider-Man Universe.

madame_web_ver2.jpeg

Reactions: Billy Talent
Yeah, looks cool. I'll probably never experience it though... I'm still yet to even experience IMAX :(
You don't have IMAX where you live? There's IMAX here and while the screen and sound are awesome the seating is crappy. Seats are torn, stuffing coming out of them and they creak when you put the seat down. The last time I went the chair I was sitting in broke and I had to change seats, luckily there was hardly anyone in the theater so I had my pick. I won't be going back until they decide to renovate. Pretty sad.

• Wow
You don't have IMAX where you live? There's IMAX here and while the screen and sound are awesome the seating is crappy. Seats are torn, stuffing coming out of them and they creak when you put the seat down. The last time I went the chair I was sitting in broke and I had to change seats, luckily there was hardly anyone in the theater so I had my pick. I won't be going back until they decide to renovate. Pretty sad.
They did finally get an IMAX screen installed at my local cinema a couple years back, but the prices are absolutely ridiculous and the cinema itself isn't even anything special. We usually travel out of town to a cheaper one (which doesn't have IMAX unfortunately), but even then a cinema trip is pretty rare for me - last film I saw was Joker. Crap seating would definitely make it a no-go for me... I get a numb bum from sitting in their "good" seats, let alone bad ones lol.

Rumour going around that the girls thought they were going to be in a MCU film (Or at least Dakota) and confusing it with the Sony Marvel side lol

Apparently Dakota left her agency and joined a new one after the first trailer released LOL

• Wow
Venom will definitely be a better movie than this. It looks dreadful. Happy to eat my words if not
Screenshot_20240214_110040_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It's Webnesday. It's Webuary. Madame Web looks almost as bad as those puns...

At least we all have last minute panic-buy Valentines day gifts to focus on....

daenm that poster art is nice. hope some of that is used to sell it on physical media(i'll bite), but if the movie is as bad as reviewed, this might become a cult classic; will wait and see what a release look like.

Read a review from site that I usually agree. 2 outta 5 stars. Don't shoot the messenger. :naughty:

First hour nothing but Dakota's character study etc. Some action on second hour. But very little compared to trailer. Final fight boring. No post credit scene.

• Wow