Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 17, 2020
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition (Pre-order will be live on October 18 around 12 PM, UK time)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £49.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £39.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition Contains:
Maleficent 2 : zavvi exclusive SteelBook
Dramatic high quality leatherette slip case with embossed feather texture and gold leaf finish on Maleficent’s iconic horns.
Each Limited to only 1000 units worldwide

12331219-1814726437538011.jpg 12337278-7794726438182459.jpg
12331219-2064726437578838.jpg 12331219-1454726437619845.jpg 12337278-7424726438221144.jpg 12337278-1084726438259379.jpg
12331218-1564713920446563.jpg 12337277-2644714181162694.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mkdfan
I still hadn't had an email regarding my 3D copy so I asked Zavvi on Twitter if it's the same for this version, also stating that I've spoken to others who have had an email regarding the 4K version, and all they could say was that there is no fixed date.

Doesn't sound very positive so definitely wouldn't get hopes up for them being sent out by Monday, but then again it could be the standard answer for the drones they have working on customer service

The thing that worries me is that it is cancelled completely, (along with Frozen 2 and Star Wars) and the standard versions are now sold out! I'd hope that they would still offer, at least, the normal steelbook (put aside to add the extras to) as I'm assuming due to Covid 19 they can't get hold of the "extras" parts.

Reactions: Shark
The thing that worries me is that it is cancelled completely, (along with Frozen 2 and Star Wars) and the standard versions are now sold out! I'd hope that they would still offer, at least, the normal steelbook (put aside to add the extras to) as I'm assuming due to Covid 19 they can't get hold of the "extras" parts.
Did you got a message or notification that the orders with the Collector's editions were canceled?
Or have you seen such message on Zavvi's website, or somewhere else, officially?

Cause from what and how you said, sound like it is clear, "is canceled completely"!

Did you got a message or notification that the orders with the Collector's editions were canceled?
Or have you seen such message on Zavvi's website, or somewhere else, officially?

Cause from what and how you said, sound like it is clear, "is canceled completely"!

I'm sorry that you have mis-read my post, I though it was clear. I didn't think that I said that Zavvi have officially cancelled, anyway, I was showing my concern that knowing Zavvi, I would not put it past them just to cancel it if this goes on any longer. I think everyone has had the same e-mail saying 8th June, so fingers crossed. Nothing surprises me anymore with Zavvi.

Update...... Zavvi have just got back to me, and as far as they are concerned, June 8th is still going ahead with the release of this and Frozen 2 special editions. I will not hold my breath, though. I think they were just confirming the last message everyone was sent in their e-mails.

I'm sorry that you have mis-read my post, I though it was clear. I didn't think that I said that Zavvi have officially cancelled, anyway, I was showing my concern that knowing Zavvi, I would not put it past them just to cancel it if this goes on any longer. I think everyone has had the same e-mail saying 8th June, so fingers crossed. Nothing surprises me anymore with Zavvi.
No, I did not miss-read your post!
But is good that we got this cleared out now.

No, I did not miss-read your post!
But is good that we got this cleared out now.

Brill! Apology accepted. As you most likely read, Zavvi are still plodding on with the 8th June date...... but I'm not so sure.... fingers crossed for everyone with an order in. They also stated that they were looking into the packaging. I would take that with a pinch of salt too!

Brill! Apology accepted. As you most likely read, Zavvi are still plodding on with the 8th June date...... but I'm not so sure.... fingers crossed for everyone with an order in. They also stated that they were looking into the packaging. I would take that with a pinch of salt too!
I was not apologising!

so june the 8th happened then lol
typical zavvi :hilarious:
They seem to be doing these CEs in reverse order
Star Wars was last up for order but first to dispatch
Frozen finally dispatched Friday
So I'm hoping this one may follow next week or the week after

Zavvi royally screwed these releases up. Just hope the end product will be worth the wait

Reactions: Basil