Malignant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

redlemon

Premium Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Leeds, UK
Release date: December 27, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 18, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £21.99

ezgif-7-1cbb3ac2d9.jpg
ezgif-7-2566f1b879.jpg ezgif-7-cb79be5a12.jpg ezgif-7-e3f7312682.jpg
13325307-1864895414026056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbc, so probably not final art knowing WB. I actually really enjoyed this film. Surprised there isn't going to be a 4K UK release. WB really are choosey when it comes to horror in 4K.

Reactions: tathanos
honestly these 2 are bang on.
Exactly how I feel. I just don’t get the praise for this film. It’s a mess. Literally everything they discuss is bang on for me
Especially with the brilliant acting in the beginning.....I haven't seen "Malignant" yet, but definitely will and everything those guys (or much more positive reviews by Chris Stuckman e.g.) are saying makes me more curious to do so. Wan has obviously taken a risk (which they let him do cause he made the studio a lot of money previously. This has happened before when they let Colin Treverrow make "The Book of Henry" after the success of "Jurassic World" and that pretty much ended his career...) and made a wild original movie that is not by the numbers. Well, isn't that we should see/buy and support? I always watch these new superhero movies and blockbusters with my kids (11 and 13) and I get really really bored and angry at this by-the-numbers approach where you see the same story told in exactly the same way every single time. I like the comparison to "Basket Case" which James Wan was inspired by or ripped off, because I loved that movie in the 80s and of course own the Trilogy Steelbook. That movie is also bonkers and makes no sense whatsoever, but you gotta admire and appreciate the audacity, creativity, atmosphere and surprise-factor. Criticizing a giant studio and a director for a movie, because it takes chances and surprises the audience (positively OR negatively) is a not a good idea, because it will result in more identical movies being made from now on and shared universes and franchise building replacing originality and creativity. I'll watch the movie and if I like it I will buy a steelbook, but not this one, cause it looks like V for Vendetta meets The Witcher or something :D

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Especially with the brilliant acting in the beginning.....I haven't seen "Malignant" yet, but definitely will and everything those guys (or much more positive reviews by Chris Stuckman e.g.) are saying makes me more curious to do so. Wan has obviously taken a risk (which they let him do cause he made the studio a lot of money previously. This has happened before when they let Colin Treverrow make "The Book of Henry" after the success of "Jurassic World" and that pretty much ended his career...) and made a wild original movie that is not by the numbers. Well, isn't that we should see/buy and support? I always watch these new superhero movies and blockbusters with my kids (11 and 13) and I get really really bored and angry at this by-the-numbers approach where you see the same story told in exactly the same way every single time. I like the comparison to "Basket Case" which James Wan was inspired by or ripped off, because I loved that movie in the 80s and of course own the Trilogy Steelbook. That movie is also bonkers and makes no sense whatsoever, but you gotta admire and appreciate the audacity, creativity, atmosphere and surprise-factor. Criticizing a giant studio and a director for a movie, because it takes chances and surprises the audience (positively OR negatively) is a not a good idea, because it will result in more identical movies being made from now on and shared universes and franchise building replacing originality and creativity. I'll watch the movie and if I like it I will buy a steelbook, but not this one, cause it looks like V for Vendetta meets The Witcher or something :D

I highly recommend this film because it’s batsh!t. I like that element. But it’s also a film that feels like it should of gone straight to DVD with its acting and “idea” but because of the scale and budget of the film its instantly not in that category and that’s the part that’s off putting.

It feels confusing to watch (not Because of the plot - mainly the tone and structure of what he’s trying to achieve). This is why I think it’s a mess too. But it certainly won’t end his career. It’s doing really well. Just watch it because this is a Film you'll either love or hate. It’s marmite. As a horror lover or not. And I love horror, one of my favourite genres and theres so many that fit into that category that there’s something for everyone. This is certainly something

It's old school wan. Low budget feel, whacky horror. He was experimenting. I found it be an hilarious comedy. I just wish I didn't see the twist coming a mile off within the first 5 minutes lol.

Heard super mixed things about this, which in itself has me curious to check it out! Reckon I'll be on the hate bandwagon with how @Flloydo has described it though... obviously hoping he's wrong however (as usual). ;) :p

Reactions: Flloydo
It's old school wan. Low budget feel, whacky horror. He was experimenting. I found it be an hilarious comedy. I just wish I didn't see the twist coming a mile off within the first 5 minutes lol.

I guessed the twist as a joke literally 5 mins in too and it turned out to be true lol.
I couldn’t stop laughing

Reactions: manonfire
Heard super mixed things about this, which in itself has me curious to check it out! Reckon I'll be on the hate bandwagon with how @Flloydo has described it though... obviously hoping he's wrong however (as usual). ;) :p
I went into this not knowing it was supposed to be whacky and crazy. I think it helps to know this before hand. Because i
Thought it was going to be a serious horror. And it’s not the whacky and crazy that’s put me off. You know what I’m like with horror. I kinda wish I watched this one with a couple of mates so we could of witnessed and laughed together instead of watching it on my own and literally questioning myself every 2 minutes if I’m watching the right film to what the trailer suggests. It’s certainly left it’s impact on me and that can’t be a bad thing. But those 2 guys in that video above are on my wave length with it. I still
Highly recommend the film for so many different reasons

Reactions: Noodles