Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 7, 2020
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €29.99

Man-Of-Steel-Edition-Comic-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the same Jim Lee art as Best Buy had previously or something new.

Last edited:
In for them all.

Still in hope that they all have new matching art,
especially as Shazam and BoP have illustrated releases too.

Could be a reprint of the fab four from three years ago which are all now "actuellement indisponible" in France except for "Suicide Squad":-
1596327394142.png
1596327425382.png
1596327590389.png

Reactions: Ephoenix
Imagine being into comic book films but not appreciating illustrated art! Same story with some folk. Dismissing it before they’ve seen the product. Yet things like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, most arrow releases and most the mondo releases with illustrated art will always sell out....

my fav DC film outside of the dark knight trilogy. def buying

Facts

Last edited:
Could be a reprint of the fab four from three years ago which are all now "actuellement indisponible" in France except for "Suicide Squad":-

I was lucky in finding the Jim Lee one in a used media store but it’s scratched up (lots of minor ones that show up when you shine light on it). So I would def get this to replace.

Since they are doing BoP and Shazam I am just super curious if they are reusing the previous illustrated art for these and just new for the two new movies or if it’s all new stuff

Either way I hope we get to know soon :)

Reactions: virkia
Imagine being into comic book films but not appreciating illustrated art! Same story with some folk. Dismissing it before they’ve seen the product. Yet things like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, most arrow releases and most the mondo releases with illustrated art will always sell out....

Facts
Seen the type of artworks involved in these releases , and I think they look pants! That’s my opinion - imagine having an opinion!

You like it, good for you, buy it.

Just because the movie is based on a comic, doesn’t mean I have to like illustrated artwork. If its a cartoon with illustrated artwork then fine, but it’s not.

Imagine it another way. Disney’s Beauty and the beast with live action artwork of the god awful TV series on the steel. Extreme I know but that’s how I feel about illustrated artwork

That’s my point and my opinion.

Yes, there'll always be people that don't like steelbooks with illustrated covers by the likes of
Jim Lee
Drew Struzan
Matt Ferguson
Ralph Steadman
Rick Melton
Jeff Zornow
Dan Mumford
Gary Pullin
Paul Shipper
Gilles Vranckx
Justin Erickson
Godmachine
Matthew Griffin
Tom Hodge
Nathanael Marsh
Jock
Alex Ross
Tomer Hanuka
Tod McFarlane
Ryan Meinerding
Orlando Arocena
Joe Wilson
Sam Gilbey
Vladimir Zimakov
etc.

+ those recent releases from Scream Factory by Laz Marquez among others
+ Mondo X releases
etc.

Seen the type of artworks involved in these releases , and I think they look pants! That’s my opinion - imagine having an opinion!

You like it, good for you, buy it.

Just because the movie is based on a comic, doesn’t mean I have to like illustrated artwork. If its a cartoon with illustrated artwork then fine, but it’s not.

Imagine it another way. Disney’s Beauty and the beast with live action artwork of the god awful TV series on the steel. Extreme I know but that’s how I feel about illustrated artwork

That’s my point and my opinion.

the only downer about these ones were the repeated art. we’ve already had this film with some Great art (and not so great) and zeta and manta both made the best copies. It’s just a different version for the collection for whoever wants to collect them. People have literally had ample opportunities to get a ‘normal’ version of this film.

Also my point wasn’t made at you, I got in before all the other haters.

And I’m sorry but your last comment does not make sense. Illustrated movie posters have been a thing since movies were movies. So it makes sense to have an edition of most comic book movies to have illustrated art at some point. Okay the last DCEU illustrated arts were literally comic book style illustrations but that don’t change the fact that most films before the 90s had illustrated posters (in most cases more life like). Some of the greatest works out there and movie posters were illustrated lol

Yes, there'll always be people that don't like steelbooks with illustrated covers by the likes of
Jim Lee
Drew Struzan
Matt Ferguson
Ralph Steadman
Rick Melton
Jeff Zornow
Dan Mumford
Gary Pullin
Paul Shipper
Gilles Vranckx
Justin Erickson
Godmachine
Matthew Griffin
Tom Hodge
Nathanael Marsh
Jock
Alex Ross
Tomer Hanuka
Tod McFarlane
Ryan Meinerding
Orlando Arocena
Joe Wilson
Sam Gilbey
Vladimir Zimakov
etc.

+ those recent releases from Scream Factory by Laz Marquez among others
+ Mondo X releases
etc.

Some of the most talented artists out there. You missed of Rory Kurtz

Reactions: virkia
the only downer about these ones were the repeated art. we’ve already had this film with some Great art (and not so great) and zeta and manta both made the best copies. It’s just a different version for the collection for whoever wants to collect them. People have literally had ample opportunities to get a ‘normal’ version of this film.

Also my point wasn’t made at you, I got in before all the other haters.

And I’m sorry but your last comment does not make sense. Illustrated movie posters have been a thing since movies were movies. So it makes sense to have an edition of most comic book movies to have illustrated art at some point. Okay the last DCEU illustrated arts were literally comic book style illustrations but that don’t change the fact that most films before the 90s had illustrated posters (in most cases more life like). Some of the greatest works out there and movie posters were illustrated lol
Lol - we will have to agree to disagree. By illustrated I mean these comic looking illustrations and I pretty sure you knew what I was getting at. I’m more than aware of the illustrated movie posters etc - my post made total sense really to be fair - but hey different strokes for different folks ;)