Slipbox Manchester by the Sea (Blu Collection) [Korea]

sminister

Premium Supporter
Apr 17, 2013
Release date: August 24, 2017 (timed edition pre-order starts July 4 at 15:00 Korea time and ends July 10)
Purchase links:
Kimchi: Full Slip - Scenario Box
Novamedia: Full Slip - Scenario Box
Price: $32.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Scenario Box)

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I look at it, the more disappointed I am with the full slip artwork. Wasn't great to begin with, but at first glance it seemed okay at least. Now I start to hate it. Wish they took the image from the booklet, wrapped it around the slipbox and left it like that. Or one frame from the scenes on the boat in the beginning of the movie.
The "Scenario Box" looks pretty cool, though. Depending on the price I'll go for that one.

• Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
Anyone knows the pre-order time ? it's unusual that they give a period window as per the Beautyshot (from Tuesday the 4th to Monday the 10th...but at what time does it starts on the 4th ? (n):dunno: )

I'm not sure on time, but the window is open for 6 days. The "go" time shouldn't matter as it's a timed edition meaning there's no set print run yet.
Simply get your order in within the timeframe July 4-10 and you will have a copy reserved.

Anyone knows the pre-order time ? it's unusual that they give a period window as per the Beautyshot (from Tuesday the 4th to Monday the 10th...but at what time does it starts on the 4th ? (n):dunno: )

I think they only produce about as many as there're pre-orders during this time. At least that's what I make of their Facebook post:

Mind you the finer details might have been lost in Google Translate, so take it with a grain of salt - my Korean is a bit rusty nowadays ;)

Edit: @sminister beat me to it. ;)

The prices seem to be 45,000 Won for the Scenario Box and 34,000 Won for the Full Slip, by the way.

I'm not sure on time, but the window is open for 6 days. The "go" time shouldn't matter as it's a timed edition meaning there's no set print run yet.
Simply get your order in within the timeframe July 4-10 and you will have a copy reserved.

of my 3 years of serious collecting, I have never heard of a ''Timed Edition'' o_O

The scenario edition... I'm assuming that's the screenplay, correct?

Yes! It's the screenplay... in Korean. (n)

of my 3 years of serious collecting, I have never heard of a ''Timed Edition'' o_O

IIRC Plain did the same with the 2nd edition of Rust and Bone. I guess it's one good strategy when you have absolutely no idea about how much actual appeal a certain title will have. This is a terrific film imo but maybe not so famous..

Timed editions usually happens for print/posters but like @famagosta said, PA used it before. I think they used it on something other than Rust and Bone as well, I cant quite remember.

But yea @Noodles I would love to see this system adopted by premium retailers for movies but i highly doubt it because in their mind people buying or not buying their release is completely unpredictable and they wouldnt wanna be left with stock.