Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: May 19, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $29.98 $21.99

mandy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have the German mediabook with same art, but I'd still be down for a steelbook! And, yeah... pretty sure the RotTom logo will be a sticker.

Reactions: leelee17
Reactions: Jocelin
Still love my funky HMV VHS one at least while I await my 4K steelbook...one day..
Mandy 1.jpg

Reactions: aLLu
Panos Cosmatos’ films are weird and alienating. I can see why people don’t like them. I disagree with that statement, but I understand why you would feel that way.

Have been waiting for a steelbook of this movie. The art is perfect.

I've seen Panos' last movie Beyond the Black Rainbow as well. While it had amazing visuals and an excellent soundtrack, the movie was pretty pretentious and way too out there for me. I found Mandy to have just the right amount of craziness and atmosphere however. The scene where the four horsemen are first introduced is epic, and of course Cage is awesome here.

Reactions: FN-2187
Has this been delayed??
And is it sold out now?

Nobody knows what's going on with that release. Some believe that the release date was incorrect (since the release was a Wednesday) and that it has now been pulled from the website until they clear up the situation.

and one of Nic Cage's best performances.
and of course Cage is awesome here.

Really? Have I seen the same movie?

He has about 3 lines of dialogue. The rest is just long pauses and him doing his bat sh1t crazy act! All that's missing is 'no, not the bees'!

Have to agree with @Norwichlad
I think this film has a cult following for the wrong reasons!

It looks like his latest film is the same, Colour Out Of Space..... :rolleyes:

It's like he's so desperate for work now, he's just embracing his over the top weird acting that the internet memes made him famous for. Sad really.

Reactions: Norwichlad
Nobody knows what's going on with that release. Some believe that the release date was incorrect (since the release was a Wednesday) and that it has now been pulled from the website until they clear up the situation.

That makes sense. I was wondering what was going on since a Wednesday release date seems uncanny... but with how many damaged steels that I’ve received from Amazon from their packaging, I was HOPING it wasn’t already gone just in case there were... issues in transit. xD

Really? Have I seen the same movie?

He has about 3 lines of dialogue. The rest is just long pauses and him doing his bat sh1t crazy act! All that's missing is 'no, not the bees'!

Have to agree with @Norwichlad
I think this film has a cult following for the wrong reasons!

It looks like his latest film is the same, Colour Out Of Space..... :rolleyes:

You don’t have to equate a lot of lines to having a good performance. The MOST acting isn’t always THE BEST acting. More nuanced performances based solely around action without excessive dialogue is usually hard to accomplish. And Nicholas Cage was certainly unleashed in this film, which is incredible to see- it’s really a no-hold-bar performance that feels pure and unrestrained.

But there is a difference between films that are technically bad like his Remake of The Wicker Man, and films that are less reliant on convention like this one.

But if it’s not for you, then it’s not for you. :p