Multi Marvel's Avengers (2020)

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: May 15, 2020 September 4, 2020
Purchase: Amazon

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment.

A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
I skipped it altogether. GAME lost my order so I didn't get neither the game or the steelbook. I eventually grabbed the steel from eBay for £10 so I have no more interest to order it again.
Not a big fan of it from what I have played during Beta and from what I read in reviews. There's other games out there I'd rather use my time with at the moment. :D

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I skipped it altogether. GAME lost my order so I didn't get neither the game or the steelbook. I eventually grabbed the steel from eBay for £10 so I have no more interest to order it again.
Not a big fan of it from what I have played during Beta and from what I read in reviews. There's other games out there I'd rather use my time with at the moment. :D
Shame as its not a bad game if I'm honest and I wouldn't go by the Beta, there's a lot more involved with the game than what the beta shows and the Stoyline isn't bad either.
Not playing much at the moment so thought id stick at this for the time being.

Reactions: Thoth
Was never that impressed by the trailers, but figured it was probably just me because of my lack of interest in gaming nowadays... however, just been watching some gameplay and even the person playing said it gets really repetitive and boring pretty quickly. Heard it's full of bugs too, some of which I saw in the short gameplay vid I watched.
Yeah, I thought that on my first real go of the game and was at one point going to trade it in against something else, but then gave it another go. It has definitely grown on me the more I've played and like I said above the story isn't bad either ( Alot better than some I've played recently).
Im like you mate, sort of at that strange time between do I want to play or not :D Or just sit and watch something instead which if I'm honest this is what id normally do :LOL::wow:
But this game has funnily enough kept me playing over the last few nights and wanting to play more.

Yep, it was pretty bad at release with bugs but has recently been patched and runs smooth now.

I am not too keen on the whole superhero universe either so that weights a lot in my decision to not play it. I haven't played Marvel Spider-Man yet so go figure lol. Altho' I want to make the time for it eventually as Miles Morales looked really good during reveals.
I also don't have much time for games lately so probably also another reason to skip it. I'm yet to play Ghost of Tsushima which I played for 30 minutes or so and loved it.

Apart from the bugs (which I barely encountered tbh, only one I had was the game shut down 10 minutes into first playing it which scared me at first but fine since) and they have mostly been fixed from what I hear, the only thing they have kinda failed on is over complicating the levelling up. The actual levelling up and skills aren’t too bad (similar to a lot of games like that especially the skill set - batman, spidey etc) but you have to do this with 6 characters which is a bit excessive and mad and the whole powering up your characters is massively over complicated. You need the powering up to level up as well so it’s needed in that sense but they just should of left all that and kept it so you level up with fighting etc and then unlock skill points as you go along.

Luckily the L2 button does it all for you (if you want) and picks the best chest, arm, wrist etc power plates but there’s still too much, and the same with the artifacts too. (Even the whole buying station parts for them all, I’ve not even bothered to use them)

However, the story and gameplay is still great and worth it if your a marvel fan or a fan of games like batman and spidey. But they should of kept it simple like batman and spidey

Reactions: Robles
Gotta say, after finishing the game I was slightly disappointed with it in the end :cautious: For a kick-off I didn't think it would be a game that id finish as quickly as I did and to be fair I wasn't playing it for hours at a time. The whole upgrade system was over-complicated especially when having to do the same with several characters.

For a game that could have been huge, I personally think that this was a bit of a letdown which is a shame.

Reactions: Kizza
Haven't played this for some time but am quite looking forward to giving this new content a go especially the War on Wakanda expansion :thumbs: also hoping that they come up with a few other expansions for this :D

keep meaning to go back to this game - did really enjoy it, but Destiny 2 takes up most of my gaming time, plus I've been playing Death Stranding and now Cyberpunk, so have to split my time over these games

Reactions: Robles