Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 26, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99

91Q7VebWHqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Mission Impossible.jpg 81EL5FVlPFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71l-zbiRbmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91hQMZNp0aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: djjez83
  • Mission: Remarkable - 40 Years of Creating the Impossible
  • Mission: Explosive Exploits
  • Mission: Spies Among Us
  • Mission: Catching the Train
  • Mission: International Spy Museum
  • Mission: Agent Dossiers
  • Mission: Marketing
  • Excellence in Film: Cruise
  • Generation: Cruise
  • Photo Gallery
  • Trailer Gallery HD

• Mission: Remarkable - 40 Years of Creating the Impossible
  • Mission: Explosive Exploits
  • Mission: Spies Among Us
  • Mission: Catching the Train
  • Mission: International Spy Museum
  • Mission: Agent Dossiers
  • Mission: Marketing
  • Excellence in Film: Cruise
  • Generation: Cruise
  • Photo Gallery
  • Trailer Gallery HD
Weird. The first Mission Impossible movie is 27 years old, so not even 30 years, but that would have been close enough. The TV show came out 57 years ago. Was the first film in development for over a decade before it got green lit? What is the 40 years in reference to exactly?

Weird. The first Mission Impossible movie is 27 years old, so not even 30 years, but that would have been close enough. The TV show came out 57 years ago. Was the first film in development for over a decade before it got green lit? What is the 40 years in reference to exactly?
You already have Mission: Remarable – 40 Years Of Creating The Impossible" featurette on your existing Blu-ray or DVD releases since 2006

Reactions: MM3
I just got the email and pre ordered these. I was really on the fence. Seeing as I had a 5 movie bluray box set which I gave away after getting the 6 movie 4k set. I guess better to have individually but I hope we get matching steels for 7 and 8.

You already have Mission: Remarable – 40 Years Of Creating The Impossible" featurette on your existing Blu-ray or DVD release
Thanks for letting me know. I was going to ask if it was new. Never opened my old copies and currently have them in a box somewhere in my garage since I'm fixing my house. Almost thought I would have to buy again for new features.

Nope. Received my copy of this and MI:2 today (from HMV, BTW).
How odd. I was planning on holding off until today just so I could use discount code. But the code isn't working for these. And I still have my pre orders which haven't attempted payment. Maybe zavvis delivery was late. How are they?

How odd. I was planning on holding off until today just so I could use discount code. But the code isn't working for these. And I still have my pre orders which haven't attempted payment. Maybe zavvis delivery was late. How are they?
There have been ongoing rumours about the financial state of THG (formerly The Hut Group), who own Zavvi, for the past 18 months or so. Here's the most recent article I can find regarding the goings on at THG:

• Haha
Reactions: samdavies
Seen some videos of the first 2 of these and god they look bad :vomit:

Previous 4K wave we better but the original 1-3 are still the best (obviously didn't continue the style for films 4-6)

Previous 4K set below (not mine)

599AD037-2A90-47C8-B9A8-1955B1B69BF8.png

Yeah, I got both previous sets of steels, that's why I'm not buying these, at least not until they're $10 each.

I meant how are the steels lol.
Doh! Sorry, completely misread it! :facepalm:

Well, I can confirm that they are on bare metal. I know that the artwork itself is somewhat divisive but I actually quite like it. However, I was one of the fortunate ones who managed to order these from HMV with a 20% discount code. That was the only thing that swayed me as there was no way I was going to pay full price for them. £29.99 is definitely pitched too high for catalogue releases (and especially for titles that have been released before), so it wouldn't surprise me to find these heavily discounted in a few months time.

Doh! Sorry, completely misread it! :facepalm:

Well, I can confirm that they are on bare metal. I know that the artwork itself is somewhat divisive but I actually quite like it. However, I was one of the fortunate ones who managed to order these from HMV with a 20% discount code. That was the only thing that swayed me as there was no way I was going to pay full price for them. £29.99 is definitely pitched too high for catalogue releases (and especially for titles that have been released before), so it wouldn't surprise me to find these heavily discounted in a few months time.
I'm still waiting on zavvi for mine. Still not taken payment.