May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: November 5, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1567720393610.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall their recent The Little Mermaid Signature Collection sold out quickly during pre-order and never came back in stock. I waited, missed out, and had to order a copy from eBay. So yes it’s a risk

Maeficent 4K, Aladdin (1992) 4K, Sleeping Beauty and 101 Dalmatians are already sold out at Best Buy Canada so these could sell out quickly as well. The Pixar 4K releases so far are still in stock in Canada except for Ratatouille and those will be released on Tuesday.

Absolutely - the day one purchase ship sailed a long time ago with Disney. However, the argument being that you are after a collector's item, it may be more difficult to grab one after the fact, just because the ones that are left might have defects.

Always a calculated risk in that way.
I’ve got so many stores to choose from that it’s not a big deal. And TBH, I rarely see damaged Steelbooks. But when I’m in town, I try to look and see if any stores are either out of the disks or if they’ve got low inventory. I could tell that Bohemian was going fast. For Bumblebee, it was obvious it was selling out fast. I guess that happened with Antman and the Wasp, but I always bought them on day one back then.

I recall their recent The Little Mermaid Signature Collection sold out quickly during pre-order and never came back in stock. I waited, missed out, and had to order a copy from eBay. So yes it’s a risk

Canada? I know I’ve never seen a movie not go back in stock the day of the on sale. I certainly was able to get Little Mermaid (and it was in stock in a few stores for months, though maybe that was one that was 200 miles away...can’t remember).

Reactions: TriSteel
I meant from Disney's point of view. "Once we launch Disney + will anybody buy our physical media? Let's re-release everything on disc before the launch"
Got ya. I guess the justification in whether they’re right or wrong to operate they are is when they look at sales figures and the like.

Apologies for the misunderstanding!

Reactions: Stygian
Canada? I know I’ve never seen a movie not go back in stock the day of the on sale. I certainly was able to get Little Mermaid (and it was in stock in a few stores for months, though maybe that was one that was 200 miles away...can’t remember).
This is a USA post. Can’t say anything about BestBuy Canada’s inventory

Feels great to have stepped off the Disney/animated train.
Considering selling off all the zavvi Disney steels and only keeping Pixar.

Feels great to have stepped off the Disney/animated train.
Considering selling off all the zavvi Disney steels and only keeping Pixar.
I guess I’m unusual. I only buy movies that I like. So while I’ll almost certainly buy Moana I’d never buy Dumbo (2 hour of my life I’ll never get back).