Mediabook MOBY DICK - 3-Disc Limited Collector´s Edition (2x Blu-ray + DVD) NEW HD Transfer [Germany]

Jun 8, 2020
I finally received my copy of this absolutely beautiful mediabook release of Moby Dick here in Germany.

Capelight Pictures confirmed on their Facebook page, that they indeed reworked the Twilight transfer to privide you with an even better picture.

And it indeed looks better than the Twilight transfer (better colours and grain)!
Screenshot comparison: Moby Dick • DE Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray vs. US The Limited Edition Series Blu-ray

DL (double-layer) (50 GB) Verpackung: Mediabook
Bildformat: 1,66:1 (1080p)
Tonformat: Deutsch (Linear PCM 2.0 Mono) Deutsch (Linear PCM 2.0 Mono) Englisch (Linear PCM 2.0 Mono) Musik/Instrumental (Linear PCM 2.0 Mono) Audiokommentar (englisch) (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)

Here´s my unboxing (in english):

Purchase:
Amazon product

Moby Dick - Mediabook (front J-card) IMG_6904.jpg

I'm waiting on my copy but it's not right to say it's a new transfer. It's been made clear by Robert Harris the master used is not great and short of serious money being put aside and going back to the original negatives which are in bad shape, (in the Alamo league of dire) this is as good as it's going to get unless someone produces serious money and I mean serious....

Reactions: Grendel and shane54
Adore the artwork on that cover. :happy:
I have the TT ed but could no doubt be easily convinced on getting this.
Tyvm @shane54 for the lovely unboxing vid my friend! :thanks:

This was (to my recollection) the first film I saw Greg Peck in and was in AWE with his presence and delivery.

Reactions: shane54