Mortal Engines (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 5, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 9 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99

ME.jpg

ME (inside).jpg

ME (back).jpg

ME (open).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Artwork is nice, interested. If it's glossed and not cheap single layer of matte over metal (like Waterworld) it could be decent.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
Stunning artwork in attractive warm tones and v. nice to see a more discreet slab of text on the back compared to normal.

As the beginning episode of a trilogy, I would say the screenwriting was highly repressed. All clues were absent hence producing crap acting. But the audio visual effects are stunning.

Looks awful. Mock up is much better and is more rich with colour.

I took the photos with a smartphone in natural light without flash or filter. It is much brighter and more colorful in hand :thumbs:

that’s how it should be done. That’s how I take photos and they come out great. And I’m still on iPhone 7

shouldn’t use a flash on steels and definitely shouldn’t be using filters. I want to see the product properly. Not adding filters and saturation to make art look brighter like some do on insta or megabee on here. Not a true picture or representation

The spot gloss against that misty metallic zero finish looks really bad to me. Can’t stand it when they do that and focus more on the metallic look

Reactions: samdavies
Had it in hand the other day as well (German edition), decided against buying it. The spot gloss is very nice but the metallic half of the artwork just looks washed out. Very 50-50 release as finish goes. Couldn't pull the trigger even though it was only 24€. :dunno:

that’s how it should be done. That’s how I take photos and they come out great. And I’m still on iPhone 7

shouldn’t use a flash on steels and definitely shouldn’t be using filters. I want to see the product properly. Not adding filters and saturation to make art look brighter like some do on insta or megabee on here. Not a true picture or representation

The spot gloss against that misty metallic zero finish looks really bad to me. Can’t stand it when they do that and focus more on the metallic look
This will allow you to save money. You could say thank you! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Received mine today (French edition)
Spot gloss on title, front and back :woot:
Economical satin finish (bare metal under paint)

1625503634202 (Copier).jpg 1625503634199 (Copier).jpg 1625503634193 (Copier).jpg 1625503634173 (Copier).jpg 1625503634187 (Copier).jpg
Thanks for the great pics . . . steelbook looks splendid and the artwork just perfect.

No harm in a couple more pics - courtesy Steelbookpro - showing the liberal use of spot gloss as well as the relatively understated and unobtrusive text on the back:-
1625615425278.png
1625615404996.png

Last edited: