Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Mortal Engines

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Christian Rivers

Cast: Robert Sheehan, Hera Hilmar, Ronan Raftery, Stephen Lang, Leila George, Jihae, Hugo Weaving, Colin Salmon, Sophie Cox, Caren Pistorius, Aaron Jackson, Mark Hadlow, Menik Gooneratne, Joel Tobeck, Stephen Ure, Kee Chan, Patrick Malahide, Regé-Jean Page, Frankie Adams, Mark Mitchinson

Release: 2018-12-12

Plot: Set in a world many thousands of years in the future. Earth’s cities now roam the globe on huge wheels, devouring each other in a struggle for ever diminishing resources. On one of these massive Traction Cities, Tom Natsworthy has an unexpected encounter with a mysterious young woman from the Outlands who will change the course of his life forever.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Aquaman, Bumblebee, Spider-Man and Mary Poppins will take way much more $$$ than this IMO... too bad...

My guess (on a $100M budget:
Opening: $15M
Domestic: $40-50M
Worldwide: $100-125M

You might be right on this. Internationally this could do not too bad.

I got to see this today and I thoroughly enjoyed this, more so than some of the big name blockbusters released this year :thumbs:
Visually gorgeous movie, presenting a wonderful steampunk visual of a post apocalyptic world. It reminded me of a world similar to an old anime series called "Last Exile" (one of my favourites)
Its a shame this isn't going to get the same level of exposure/recognition some of the other big releases will be getting this month.

The moving cities looked impressive, especially the bigger predator cities .. well of London, as that was the only one they showed :dead:.
It would have been nice if we'd seen some of other predator cities and some large scale combat between them.

Btw, towards the end, I could help noticing as the plot unfolded, it was borrowing from another well known sci-fi favourite, from a galaxy far far away ....:hilarious::LOL:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18