Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Release: April 14th 2015
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK

NetherRealm Studios Announces Mortal Kombat X!

M_K_X.PNG

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.

“Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X."

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilize the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Love the trailer! :thumbs: HATE the music! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow deffinately purchasing this at time of release very excited for this one of my favourite games thanks for the info mate much appreciated have a great time...

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Mortal Kombat X Gets Awesome Key Art and Box Art! :thumbs:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/02/mortal-kombat-x-gets-an-awesome-key-art-and-box-art-featuring-skorpion/

If you liked Mortal Kombat X‘s announcement trailer, Warner Bros. sent another treat, in the form of the key art and box artwork of the game for all platforms (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC).

Of course the protagonist of the artwork is one of the most beloved (and by some hated) combatants of the series, Scorpion.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment President Martin Tremblay accompanied the press release with a comment:

Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X: NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X.

Creative Director Ed Boon also left his own personal message:

Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilize the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet. The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.

Cover Art!
MortalKombatX_Cover_Art.jpg

Key Art!
MortalKombatX_Scorpion_KeyArt1.jpg

MortalKombatX_Scorpion_KeyArt2.jpg

Reactions: lolwut and Aw 83
That trailer had some crappy music, but damn does it look awesome! I have MK9 and haven't even touched it yet. Been too busy and never have time for fighters anymore. I guess I should get on that soon...

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Will pick this up on the PS4 when it hits £10 which I shouldn't think will take too long :naughty:

NEW MKX Details! :LOL:

Ed Boon has announced some brand new details about the next installment in the Mortal Kombat franchise! Via his Twitter, he confirmed Mortal Kombat X is hard to explain. It will be a combination of, "Continuation of Mortal Kombat 9. Plus a brand new story."

In addition to this new info, Ed Boon revealed that MKX will feature new fighters. Two of which, are his personal favorite! Expect to see the first gameplay footage reveal at this years E3! :LOL:

Ed Boons Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/noobde

:movie:

Last edited:
Interview with Ed Boon at E3. Reveals some new details. Starts around 2:00.

Sorry, not sure how to embed videos.

Reactions: Noodles
Pure rumors, but pulled off another site. Said they visited the studio and happen to get some info:

- one of the team members had a brand new (and bad-ass) design for liu kang hanging up, the character though has not been implemented into the game as of yet.

- kotal kahn has no relation to shao kahn but is tied somehow to shinnok.

- mkx demo will be coming out for fans like they did with mk9, with roughly 5-6 characters playable and two arenas.

- saw a team-member testing an x-ray that had a girl hopping onto the shoulders of her opponent and twisting the persons neck. When i asked if it was for tanya, i received a sly smirk.

- the current plan is for 14 brand new characters, 8 returning characters from mk9 and 8 returning characters from mk4 and beyond. Planning on a roster of 30, not including boss characters or future downloadable characters.

- the storyline will go 25 years into the future but shinnok and his invasion will feature into the storyline; expect several things to be going on at once similar to how they went from the tournament to the outworld tournament to the invasion of earth in mk9.

- sheeva was specifically asked about and was given a firm "she's not in this." as a response.

- gameplay is like mk9 but a little tighter & easier to use. D'vorah was more difficult to play than the others.

- scorpion is used as the "tester" for all character moves in the development cycle, got to see scorpion testing a telekinetic slam.

- there is a reptilian-like man creature. Wasn't sure if it was reptile or chameleon or a new character. Was on computer screen in office getting his in-game costume worked on.

- ferra is some type of royalty but wasn't elaborated on any further.

30 characters seems pretty plentiful. Especially with 3 styles per character. A lot of variety there. If this is true, wonder what characters would return :wtf:

They really made my day when they announced this. i just hope it will be fun to play. I enjoyed the MK9, but I haven't played it in ages. Not sure if this is a sign of me getting old, or the game being not interesting enough...