Most Disappointing Steelbooks

Kosm

White Tulip
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2019
Anyone preordered a steelbook that looked great in photos but when they received it, it was truly disappointing?

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Too many to mention, but one that immediately springs to mind due to me just recently picking it up... It (1990) - dull matte finish and no artwork on the back. :wtf:

81PFnKtzNrL._SX342_.jpg

Reactions: Kosm
One comes to mind. Hellboy Best Buy Steelbook.
Truth is it was a Blind buy that I had high hopes for but I personally was disappointed with it.
5619322_sa.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yes, loads, as someone already mentioned - mostly let down by a poor (streaky matte) finish . . . apart from that they would've been perfectly fine.

Another thread for steelbooks that turned out better in the flesh than expected would be interesting too.

Reactions: Kosm
The Zavvi Maleficent that was white until it started shipping and then the art changed. The front is fine, the back looks like the forgot that’s two sides to a Steelbook.

The Zavvi Maleficent that was white until it started shipping and then the art changed. The front is fine, the back looks like the forgot that’s two sides to a Steelbook.

The Zavvi "Maleficent" steelbook is magnificent . . . the white wouldn't have come close and certainly no chance of twin-bossing with that design:-
1555873197235.png
/
1555873329879.png

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k