Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Limited to 2000

Release date: September 15th (was August 11,2014)
Price: £17.99
Purchase link: Mulholland Drive

Full gloss

WEA

mullholland.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The artwork is a little bare, with a gloss finish the colours might pop and it could look decent. There's a small border on the edge of the artwork so perhaps an embossed title?

There's already more than enough opinions here that has shown overwhelming disappointment to get the point across.
On the other hand,remove the ratings then if they are pointless.Don't add any thread tools that are irrelevant.Nobody told me the ratings were meaningless.

Exactly, and that's great to see imo. Hopefully Zavvi are taking note! I never said the rating system was pointless though... sorry if that's how my comment came across. When/if I rate a thread, I rate it based on how informative/helpful it is, but I guess that's just me then.

ON TOPIC - Glad I'm not the only one who has no clue what the blurred image/light is supposed to be... seems really random to me. :dunno:

Reactions: urbeenjammin
the movie itself is great, a must-see imho.

jus had a little read on it ...i would watch it as i have seen and liked some of Lynch's movies like Dune (book is a million times better tho) Wild at Heart (dafoe FTW) and Lost Highway ....but i dunno about rewatch factor on this ....and not sure if its a suitable steelbook kinda movie ....if art had been better i wlda gon with it ... not really sure on this one tbh

limited don’t make a real difference on these obscure types of movies either, cept u can’t wait 4 a £9.99 price drop ;)

This will look good with full gloss, definitely.

But as the cover for Mulholland Drive? I find that a bit underwhelming. Pretty, but very impersonal. They're really going through with this abstract cover look.

I didn't double dip for The Deer Hunter and I won't double dip for Mulholland Drive :

About two months ago I bought them for €2.50 each :D (it was 7.50€ each if I had not used the €20 discount available with my new FNAC card), you bet I'm not going to spend €21 to have it in steelbook form, as much as I love the film.

However, I'm looking forward to Zavvi's (undoubtedly) upcoming Delicatessen, The Elephant Man, Le Cercle Rouge and a few others (if the StudioCanal Collection is the same in the UK as it is in France, those are some of my most-anticipated titles I didn't have the opportunity to buy in digibook yet, now I know I just have to wait and hopefully they'll turn up at Zavvi :)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I don't care if it "fits the film" in some way, this is still some of the worst Steelbook "artwork" I've seen so far.

Hopefully another company will release a version with some decent artwork.

Have StudioCanal recently fired all their normal graphic designers and unleashed the interns or something?

Last edited:
jus had a little read on it ...i would watch it as i have seen and liked some of Lynch's movies like Dune (book is a million times better tho) Wild at Heart (dafoe FTW) and Lost Highway ....but i dunno about rewatch factor on this ....and not sure if its a suitable steelbook kinda movie ....if art had been better i wlda gon with it ... not really sure on this one tbh

limited don’t make a real difference on these obscure types of movies either, cept u can’t wait 4 a £9.99 price drop ;)

for me re-watch value is still very high.

first of all "mulholland drive" has a very intense atmosphere, each scene a unique one, but all glued together with lynch's cleverness.
+ like with "lost highway", you won't get the clue when watching it for the first time, imo. most lynch movies NEED at least a second viewing to get into the story and find out what's it all about.

here's david lynch's 10 clues to UNLOCKING MULHOLLAND DRIVE

1) Pay particular close attention in the beginning of the film: at least two clues are revealed before the credits.

2) Notice appearances of the red lampshade.

3) Can you hear the title of the film that Adam Kesher is auditioning actresses for? Is it mentioned again?

4) An accident is a terrible event . . . notice the location of the accident.

5) Who gives a key, and why?

6) Notice the robe, the ashtray, the coffee cup.

7) What is felt, realized and gathered at the club Silencio?

8) Did talent alone help Camilla?

9) Note the occurrences surrounding the man behind Winkies.

10) Where is Aunt Ruth?

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

So which quote will be plastered over the back in a massive font?

mulholland-drive-mulholland-drive-26977143-1280-960.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

by the way, i like this poster artwork:

MULHOLLAND.png

Anybode noticed that the front says Mulholland Dr. but the title the full Mulholland Drive?
--> another 10 points to "What is that sh*t?"

Whoa...what? You LIKED Dune?

And what exactly is a "suitable steelbook kinda movie" :wtf:

But back to the first part....you LIKED Dune? By and far the worst Lynch movie

Meh, I already have the funky special edition dvd. I liked the film, but it's one of those films that is only worth watching all the way through if you don't know the big plot twist at the end.

YES!

Finally, my favourite movie in steelbook Format! This movie is absolutely perfect. The acting, the story, the imagery, THE MUSIC, the re-watch factor (I've seen it 6 times already - at least!).

Having said that, WTF is wrong with them for chosing that artwork? There are so many existing Images and even coming up with new artwork for that movie is a no brainer:

Mulholland.png

wallpaper08.jpg

mulhollanddr.jpg

The possibilites are endless!!!

Still a first day purchase though!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: severo