Release date: March 12, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

11641313-4974539042768309.jpg

11641313-1484539042984735.jpg 11641313-1994539043090407.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: snooloui and Basil
Problem with all Agatha Christie whodunnit is once you know the killer there is no rewatch value
Easy pass
I know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father - so I guess I can toss my copy of EMPIRE STRIKES BACK....
Also know who Keyzer Soze is, and John Doe...There go my copies of USUAL SUSPECTS and SE7EN....

Last edited:
Absolute RUBBISH!!!! I rewatch often, nothing beats a good Christie film, its not just who done it, but all the characterisations, sets, period, and superb acting.

LOVED this film, trailer was weak but film was STUNNING! but then Kenneth directed it and lets be honest if you are a True Brit he's a GOD! anyone disagreeing, should just leave the UK and never return due to utter embarrassment
Kenneth is awesome. Bring on DEATH ON THE NILE!
And Steelbooks for HENRY V, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, HAMLET, and DEAD AGAIN, please!

I know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father - so I guess I can toss my copy of EMPIRE STRIKES BACK....
Also know who Keyzer Soze is, and John Doe...There go my copies of USUAL SUSPECTS and SE7EN....
I have never been able to rewatch Usual Suspects and Seven
That doesn't mean I don't consider them great movies.
It's just personally I can't generate enough enthusiasm to watch them again.
With Star Wars there's a lot more going on than just the identity of Vader.

Oh HELL YES to all of those!
They HAVE to do a full-on 4K release of his glorious 70mm HAMLET.
I have never been able to rewatch Usual Suspects and Seven
That doesn't mean I don't consider them great movies.
It's just personally I can't generate enough enthusiasm to watch them again.
With Star Wars there's a lot more going on than just the identity of Vader.
There ARE (to be sure) certain movies that are all about their surprise at the end - and makes rewatching not that great. But GREAT films have just as much going on in character development, and the journey to the conclusion makes the entirety of the film essential.
It is the journey not just the destination. But, yes, I will admit there are many films that hang their entire film on the conclusion. That is just poor filmmaking.
I find that well done Mystery fiction like Christie and Conan Doyle are are just as concerned about the journey as the conclusion, as opposed to the lesser works of, say, Night Shyamalan.:LOL:
I can reread and rewatch any Sherlock Holmes tale and still get incredible enjoyment out them despite knowing the conclusions. It is the time spent with the characters on the journey that make it enjoyable.

Last edited:
They HAVE to do a fullon 4K release of his glorious 70mm HAMLET.

There ARE (to be sure) certain movies that are all about their surprise at the end - and makes rewatching not that great. But GREAT films have as much going on in character development, and the journey to the conclusion that makes the entirety of the film essential.
It is the journey not just the destination. But, yes, I will admit there are many films that hang their entire film on the conclusion. That is just poor filmmaking.
I find that well done Mystery fiction like Christie and Conan Doyle are are just as concerned about the journey as the conclusion, as opposed to the lesser works of, say, Night Shyamalan.*:LOL:
I can reread and rewatch any Sherlock Holmes tale and still get incredible enjoyment out them despite knowing the conclusions. It is the time spent with the characters on the journey that make it enjoyable.

Nail and head!:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
i see zavvi have listed there normal blu ray of this as release of 05 March 2018
so guessing this steel will be then as well just they haven't bothered by look of it updating the steelbook listing as per normal is that right @zavvi or should you just:D

now its less than 4 weeks away :rolleyes:

basil :thumbs:

Thought this was a decent film, good cast and everyone delivered well but I can’t find myself watching this again.

Don’t get me wrong I can watch murder mysteries multiple times or films with twists like Fincher films etc but this was a one time watch for me

Pics posted of the classy Czech Rep. steelbook to give a pre-taste of what we're getting in the U.K.
Decent colours despite what I'm taking to be a matte finish . . . repetitive artwork no problem for me and liking the inside even more than the outside as almost putting the viewer inside the carriage as an extra passenger on this most prestigious of trains.
upload_2018-2-25_20-20-15.png
upload_2018-2-25_20-22-15.png
upload_2018-2-25_20-24-5.png
upload_2018-2-25_20-28-46.png

Any infos about language tracks/subs?
Check in menu discs, thanks

Know, that it is not "from menu, but"...
Yesterday ordered basis by info from there: click

Quote:
Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
French: DTS 5.1
German: DTS 5.1
Italian: DTS 5.1
Japanese: DTS 5.1
Russian: DTS 5.1
Spanish: DTS 5.1
Ukrainian: Dolby Digital 5.1

Glittery/speckled effect reinforcing the ambient sub zero temperature adds interest to this super front design ...
(possible streaking issue more visible on the back but as nobody has mentioned it maybe I just need to go to the optician)

Pics courtesy kng_sanctuary
DaO5-D7U0AU7_gD.jpg:large

Perfect inside artwork w/ plain silver disc
DaMpODuU0AEA5pB.jpg:large

Possible streaking issues on the back more visible due to paler colour palette.
DaMpMimV4AEdwys.jpg:large