My Model Painting & Dioramas

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Well as it's looking I'm getting bored with everything and I'm not working now due to certain medical conditions and needed something to occupy my time otherwise I'd go stir crazy. I've decided to get back into painting miniatures, not so much for gaming though, more or less just for the painting aspect of it. Although the miniatures I used to paint way back in my 20's were pewter and very small and so far the ones I've been painting lately have been quite large. As I progress through each figure that I'm painting I'll show you all my progress, sort of a glimpse of what's to come. So without further ado let's get crackin'. :)

Here's some examples of what I'll be painting.

20200918_195205589_iOS.jpg20220415_172558213_iOS.jpg

Savage Clown Workshop 05 550.png

Last edited:
Do you make them as a hobby or do you sell them as customs, these are some insanely impressive stuff, the detail on the grass alone, fire hydrant, newspaper etc
Have you ever worked for a statue collectible company?
View attachment 574329
I make them just as a hobby but from what I've been told I could go commission and design a build for someone for a price. Their all over eBay from different people if you search for them. I think their under Pro Painter. This whole model and base I 3D printed and it took a lot of hours of printing. The grass I put down on my own and all the painting I did. On the Facebook group that I follow everyone was in awe of the quality of the painting on the newspaper. People were asking me how I ended up with those effect. The fire hydrant I painted with my airbrush.
No, I can't say that I've worked at a statue collectible company...I'm not that good...yet.

Last edited:
Here's a sneak peak at what it'll look like. I'm still waiting for parts to put together my new spray booth so I can start painting Juggernaut, he doesn't fit in the spray booth I presently have...he's too big.

View attachment 574348
Are Colossus and Juggernaut one giant piece or do they both come in parts, I can't see any seamlines on them.
And how do you attach the statue to the base, same like sideshow so with a pin/key and or magnetic slots?

Are Colossus and Juggernaut one giant piece or do they both come in parts, I can't see any seamlines on them.
And how do you attach the statue to the base, same like sideshow so with a pin/key and or magnetic slots?
No there not one whole piece, their much too big and definitely wouldn't fit in my 3D printer. Their arms and legs are all their own pieces and I had to epoxy them on to the torso. Juggernaut was different though because he's so large each piece like each shoe, a bottom part of the leg then a top part, hell, his hands are one piece and took the height of my 3D printer build plate. He's the size of a small toddler. :rofl: I made sure there was no unsightly seamlines using UV Resin to fill the gaps and then primed over the whole thing. They slot onto the base, there's a key that sticks up on the base and then there a hole on the bottom of their shoes and they just slot down on the key but once their painted and sealed I'll just put epoxy into the holes on the underside of their feet and then slot them down onto the keys and then they'll be fixed to the base. The base itself is made up of 16 different pieces, everything took forever and then some to print. This whole project took up one basket and I have about 10 more baskets/projects to start on once I finish this. I think next I'll start on either Galactus or Magneto, not sure yet.

@Billy Talent Here's just Marvel and DC, each one a project in itself.
First directory here is all Marvel projects and the second one is all DC projects and then there's all the others that are not Marvel and DC like movie sculpts and what not.
View attachment 574925 View attachment 574926
Spiderwoman :dizzy: something the guys on the StatueForum have been wanting for years now.
A Dynamic Spiderwoman statue, Sideshow did one a decade ago but its basically a museum pose.

I figured they would be massive, especially juggernaut.
I would probably do the same thing if I was making it for my own collection, no need to magnetic keys if I was making it for my collection, looks alot better that way,

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Once I'm done with Colossus vs Juggernaut I'll be starting on one of these three as I already have all of them printed. I had to store Galactus in a box because he's just too large to fit in one of my project baskets. Hard to decide as all three of them look like a lot of fun to paint.

032822 Wicked - Spiderman Sculpture 015.jpg033122 Wicked - Galactus Sculpture images 03.jpg112122 Wicked - Magneto Sculpture 036.jpg

If I knew how to paint a statue I would do this as my job, dead serious
Competition these day's is so high, so everyone is releasing better and better editions, and they are hiring and looking for amazing painters like the incredible K.A.KIM
The likeness on the Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe) render is already there, all it needs now is a decent painter:thanks:

If I knew how to paint a statue I would do this as my job, dead serious
Competition these day's is so high, so everyone is releasing better and better editions, and they are hiring and looking for amazing painters like the incredible K.A.KIM
The likeness on the Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe) render is already there, all it needs now is a decent painter:thanks:
I actually have two different heads printed for the Green Goblin, I haven't decided yet which one to use.

IMG_3356.JPG

Reactions: Billy Talent
Fantastic piece, amazing work! :dizzy:
Got any tips on where you can buy paint kits for statues?
And do you need an airbrush gun, do you use that to paint parts of the statue or is it all done with a brush?
If your just starting out I'd get some of Vallejo's paint kits.
Some parts of the models I use an airbrush and other parts i just use a paint brush. It all depends on what part of the model I'm painting. If you look at Colossus' chest and back, those blends can only be performed with an airbrush. That red and yellow was actually acrylic ink that I used. First I sprayed the red in the crevices, then yellow on all the high points and then back with the red to do most of the blending as you can see after spraying red over some yellow it turns to orange. You couldn't get those blends with a brush, I mean you could but it's a lot of work to get it whereas an airbrush it's seamless and easy.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Billy Talent