Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: My Spy

Genre: Family

Director: Peter Segal

Cast: Dave Bautista, Kristen Schaal, Ken Jeong, Parisa Fitz-Henley, Nicola Correia Damude, Laura Cilevitz, Sima Fisher

Plot: A hardened CIA operative finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, having been sent undercover to surveil her family.

Chadwick Boseman-Russo Bros Actioner ‘21 Bridges’ Moves To Fall As STX Sets Dave Bautista’s ‘My Spy’ For Summer

21-bridges-my-spy.jpg

STX made a pair of scheduling moves today, shifting its Russo Brothers/Chadwick Boseman actioner 21 Bridges from July 12 to September 27 and dating the Dave Bautista action comedy My Spy for August 23.

It’s the first release day for My Spy, which stars wrestler-turned-actor Bautista as a hardened CIA operative (who finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, having been sent undercover to surveil her family.) The pic will open wide against Lionsgate action threequel Angel Has Fallen, Sony drama Overcomer and Fox Searchlight’s horror pic Ready or Not. It’s the only PG-13 comedy opening in the weeks leading up to, and after, the 23rd.

The thriller, 21 Bridges (fka 17 Bridges) features Black Panther star Boseman as a disgraced NYPD detective who, after being thrust into a citywide manhunt for a cop killer, is given a shot at redemption. Co-starring J.K. Simmons, Sienna Miller, Taylor Kitsch and Stephan James, it will go up against Universal’s toon Abominable, Untitled Blumhouse Project and Entertainment Studios drama All Rise.

The pic had been set to open against Paramount’s horror film Crawl and another Bautista action-comedy, Disney/Fox’s Stuber, with Kumail Nanjiani.

via Deadline

STX Moving ‘My Spy’ Back To April 17

The company hopes to take advantage of a wide-open release date that occurred when Trolls World Tour moved up a week to April 10.

My Spy sees Guardians of the Galaxy co-star Bautista as a hardened CIA operative who finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, having been sent undercover to watch her family. The film also stars Chloe Coleman, Kristen Schaal and Ken Jeong.

The modestly budgeted ($18 million) film has opened well in Australia and New Zealand, doing just over $3 million in international.

via Deadline

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
STX Moving ‘My Spy’ Back To April 17

The company hopes to take advantage of a wide-open release date that occurred when Trolls World Tour moved up a week to April 10.

My Spy sees Guardians of the Galaxy co-star Bautista as a hardened CIA operative who finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, having been sent undercover to watch her family. The film also stars Chloe Coleman, Kristen Schaal and Ken Jeong.

The modestly budgeted ($18 million) film has opened well in Australia and New Zealand, doing just over $3 million in international.

via Deadline
Wow… I thought this was released 6 months ago...

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database