Nomura Teases Kingdom Hearts 3

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Scans from the latest issue of Famitsu PSP+PS3 have surfaced online containing an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, the director and character designer for various Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles.

The interview contains information previously reported in many stories and articles found elsewhere but never have we heard such a blatant tease for the third main title, Kingdom Hearts 3.

Nomura had previously been interviewed by Famitsu to which he revealed "there's one more unannounced title, though that one isn't a completely brand-new game", could Kingdom Hearts 3 be that title?

The quote below is from the last segment of the interview to which Nomura teases the game by talking about the stories of the titles and how they can all be interpreted easily for their audience. Nomura uses the word "Perhaps" when asked if the stories will connect to KHIII.

Famitsu: I want to ask you questions about the videos you showed at the event at the end of the year. The mobile game “Kingdom Hearts coded” will soon be releasing it’s last episode, right?

Nomura: "coded" has finally reached it's climax. “coded” and "Birth by Sleep" have deep connections, and they both connect to the story after KHII.

Famitsu: You mean they connect to KHIII?

Nomura: Perhaps. But since we’ve had so much story up 'til now, I’m thinking it might be best to set it all out in a way that it can be easily understood first. Though I can’t say how that is going to turn out just yet.

The interview was published in Japanese but translated to english by Lissar, a member of KHInsider.com.

kingdomheartsunion.com/news/nomura-teases-kingdom-hearts-3--793.html