Nymphomaniac: Volume I & II (Blu-ray Gatefold Slipcover) (JB HI-FI Exclusive) [Australia]

Mar 16, 2013
Tasmania
image.jpg

Price: $38.98
Release Date: 5/10/2014
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv...on-sale/drama/nymphomaniac-volume-1-2/637809/

I might pick this one up later today (assuming JB breaks the street date like they usually do) or tomorrow. This movie seems to be released by a different studio in every country so I wonder who has the best release quality-wise. I think this has the nicest looking slipcover though, so even though it has the godawful rating label, I'll bite.

I9Vro88.jpg

Picked this up today. Slipcover is really neat. Unfortunately, you'd think there's something crazy filthy beneath those flaps, but there isn't. Hey, I'm not a perv, but the design implied there'd be something NSFW under there. It's got a nice smooth matte finish to it and it's probably the best slipcover for this movie out there (flaps!)

That's the good news. Bad news is that it's just under $40AUD, and even though it's two discs, it's two discs with absolutely nothing apart from the movies. No special features, no subtitles, nothing. I've only tested disc 1 and it does have a trailer for Blue is the Warmest Colour that plays at the start, but then it's straight to the menu which has one option only - Play. Why they bothered putting a menu in is beyond me. I assume the second disc is exactly the same. Also, because it's released by Paramount, the discs have no art and there's no inside artwork on the Amaray either.

J2e60dt.jpg

M9ANXOu.jpg

TBUEPzZ.jpg

sUMWGTO.jpg

X6mfFdy.jpg

RUIczgc.jpg

oFE0kJw.jpg

dQGSBKq.jpg

BWenEwm.jpg

eiF3MOR.jpg

ItykSew.jpg

nax1WPF.jpg

8yRZAwR.jpg

ucOeccC.jpg

gkeTYPW.jpg

Iwj4fHN.jpg

KFWLqX3.jpg

WH46zdd.jpg

Would love to get this but holding out for the extended cut... thanks for the pics!

Reactions: Fisheds