Now Streaming Obi-Wan Kenobi (Limited Series) [Disney+]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Stephen Daldry is Star Wars’ newest hope. The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars stand-alone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Full story: 'Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi Film in the Works (Exclusive)

kenobi-a-star-wars-story.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the third movie in the solo trilogy or is this seperate?

I know it was up in the air if it would be a yoda or boba or obi etc etc story

Is the third movie in the solo trilogy or is this seperate?

I know it was up in the air if it would be a yoda or boba or obi etc etc story
Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be part of their Anthology series (along with Rogue One and the Han Solo movie).

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Interesting! :hungry:
595fd6718371ed207609e45bb8d5cc54.gif

Just as long as Ewan McGregor is back, that's all I care about! :notworthy: If not then what the hell is the point! :confused:

I half agree

He's terrible in phantom menace but he got better. I love him most in the 3rd but his script is awful. Things like at the start when the elevator is going up and down and anikan jumps in. Obis reaction is powering up his saber and saying "oh it's you"!! your a f*cking Jedi mate you should know. Also when they get trapped at the start in the force field thing "how did this happen, we are much smarter than this"!!! It's so stupid lol. although I don't blame him for the script he's delivery is still wooden. He's best toward the end especially in the final fight. That last speech he gives is his best bit of acting in the whole trilogy "you was supposed to destroy the sith not join it" etc

Ever since the Anthology movies have been announced, I've been dreaming of a Kenobi backstory. What has he been doing for more than 20 years on Tattoine? Did he had to fight against the Empire to hide his presence from his old Padawan???
01.jpg

And YEAH!!! WE NEED McGregor!!!!!
giphy_1.gif

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Would love to see a story pre-A New Hope of what Kenobi does after he delivers Luke to Tattooine. I'd like it to be a little more than, he just sat around waiting for Luke to grow up. Especially after Yoda says in Revenge of the Sith: "An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the Force. Your old master. How to commune with him I will teach you."

Clearly, that is referring Qui-Gon possibly becoming a Force Ghost. So why not bring back Liam Neeson, not nessessarily in a massive role, but at least some way to further guide Kenobi. The ending of Revenge of the Sith leaves the Jedi Order in disarray and a new Sith controlled galaxy, so I can't believe that Kenobi would just become a hermit straight away. There must be some unfinished business.

Put me down as another who would like to see a Ewan McGregor return. Yeah, I agree with some that he was a little 'green' to the role shall we say, but in Ep 2 & 3 I think he started to get it a whole lot more.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
My favorite bit of Star Wars stupidity:
Obi Wan Kenobi goes into deep hiding by using the name " Ben Kenobi ".:rofl: These Jedi's are not rocket surgeons are they?:hilarious:
I hope in The Last Jedi, we find that Luke Skywalker went into deep cover too - living in solitude in the hills, and the locals know him as "that weird hermit, Todd Skywalker".:LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
My favorite bit of Star Wars stupidity:
Obi Wan Kenobi goes into deep hiding by using the name " Ben Kenobi ".:rofl: These Jedi's are not rocket surgeons are they?:hilarious:
I hope in The Last Jedi, we find that Luke Skywalker went into deep cover too - living in solitude in the hills, and the locals know him as "that weird hermit, Todd Skywalker".:LOL:

:LOL: Todd skywalker lol

When the fudge did you become a contributor? Congrats mate

Was that for gifs and memes? :rolleyes: :p

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Ewan McGregor may be picking up his lightsaber again. The 48-year-old Scottish actor is in talks about reprising his role as the heartfelt but headstrong Jedi master known as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a yet-to-be-titled Disney+ series, Deadline has confirmed.

I'm in!!!
@kaw seems like we'll have to move this shortly in the correct place ;)

Reactions: kaw and Noodles

I'm in!!!
@kaw seems like we'll have to move this shortly in the correct place ;)
Would've preferred a film of course, but all the childish Solo boycotters ruined the chance of that ever happening. :sour:

A TV series is better than nothing though I suppose. My only worry is that they're gonna overdo it with all these TV shows... there's already too many out there to keep up with!

Would've preferred a film of course, but all the childish Solo boycotters ruined the chance of that ever happening. :sour:

A TV series is better than nothing though I suppose. My only worry is that they're gonna overdo it with all these TV shows... there's already too many out there to keep up with!
Which made no sense. Solo was really a fun movie. With the possible exception of TFA (and I’ll need to watch hem back to back to be sure), it was the most fun I’ve had since Empire....OK Empire plus the first 2 acts of Jedi. If they had a sequel to it that was equally good, I’d be in the theater with soda and popcorn in hand.

Reactions: Noodles
Which made no sense. Solo was really a fun movie. With the possible exception of TFA (and I’ll need to watch hem back to back to be sure), it was the most fun I’ve had since Empire....OK Empire plus the first 2 acts of Jedi. If they had a sequel to it that was equally good, I’d be in the theater with soda and popcorn in hand.
Yep, Solo was/is a fantastic movie! TFA left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths though, so they boycotted Solo because of it. Plus the fact it was released earlier in the year (rather than around Christmas as usual) apparently also played a part in it bombing at the box office. And I agree... it's easily the one Star Wars film I most want a sequel for, so would be straight down the cinema to see it, which isn't something I do very often nowadays (ticket prices are too expensive). It actually has a pretty big fanbase now though... there was a #MakeSolo2Happen campaign on social media not too long ago, and a few of the big named Star Wars folks (Ron Howard and Joonas Suotamo to name the two I can remember lol) got involved with it, which was pretty cool to see.

Yep, Solo was/is a fantastic movie! TFA left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths though, so they boycotted Solo because of it. Plus the fact it was released earlier in the year (rather than around Christmas as usual) apparently also played a part in it bombing at the box office. And I agree... it's easily the one Star Wars film I most want a sequel for, so would be straight down the cinema to see it, which isn't something I do very often nowadays (ticket prices are too expensive). It actually has a pretty big fanbase now though... there was a #MakeSolo2Happen campaign on social media not too long ago, and a few of the big named Star Wars folks (Ron Howard and Joonas Suotamo to name the two I can remember lol) got involved with it, which was pretty cool to see.
I guess I’m lucky. AMC (and apparently Regal) have monthly plans. I pay 20/month and can go to 3 movies/week ,which includes IMAX and Dolby Cinema (laser projector) with Atmos sound. It’s rare that I see 3, but even if I only go to a few movies a month, it more than pays off.

• Wow
Reactions: Drum18
The more I think about it, the more a series about Obi Wan makes sense... they'll obviously be able to delve deeper than they would with a 2 hour film. Super excited for their original Star Wars stuff!