Now Streaming Obi-Wan Kenobi (Limited Series) [Disney+]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Stephen Daldry is Star Wars’ newest hope. The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars stand-alone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Full story: 'Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi Film in the Works (Exclusive)

kenobi-a-star-wars-story.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez…. we've pretty much known for 2 weeks now but seeing this "live video" of the full announcement litterally made me cry!!!! And I'm at work right now!!!!! DAMN!!!!!

I'm not planning to subscribe to Disney+ (will find "another way"), but with Kenobi, Mandalorian, Falcon+Winter and many many exciting show coming, I may not have any other choice but to do it!!!

hmmm... this sucks.

tenor.gif

But… it seems it's because they want to Rework the scripts as they were too close to Mandalorian…

Don't mind if they take their time to make this better… BUT this needs to happen! Especially after Solo and Maul...

View attachment 460222

But… it seems it's because they want to Rework the scripts as they were too close to Mandalorian…

Don't mind if they take their time to make this better… BUT this needs to happen! Especially after Solo and Maul...

I'm totally fine if they take their time and make the best show possible.
It seems like Disney has just been rushing to make Star Wars content without having a full plan in place.

So if it means we have to wait a little longer to get a well made show then I'm good with the decision.

McGregor confirmed the delay, but seemed to counter the idea that the scripts needed to be rewritten:

“Yeah, we just pushed the shoot to the beginning of next year,” McGregor revealed. “The scripts are really good. I saw 90% of the writing. There was all this bullshit about [there] being creative differences and all that stuff. None of it true; they just pushed the dates.”
The actor added:

“Episode IX came out, everyone had more time to read the stuff that had been written, and they felt like they wanted to do more work on it, so they slid the shoot. Not nearly as dramatic as it sounds online.”

No disrespect to SW fans, but
CB1BB272-B074-4AF1-956F-1CB6A0F4D98D.gif

Disney have become the the equivalent of a stuck record.

Tonight’s news about Star Wars, marvel and Pixar is insane! Hayden back as Vader with Ewan!! I’m up for this

Reactions: bloodsnake007