Now Streaming Obi-Wan Kenobi (Limited Series) [Disney+]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Stephen Daldry is Star Wars’ newest hope. The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars stand-alone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Full story: 'Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi Film in the Works (Exclusive)

kenobi-a-star-wars-story.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm now really enjoying the show, I rewatched episodes 1-3 last weekend and even my original issue with doing Vader so early isn't a problem for me now. Just finished episode 4 and enjoyed that as well (basically an episode full of stormies and you can inject that into me anytime)

I get the annoyance with some of the writing but to me that just makes the show fit so well with the prequel trilogy because they weren't great films at the time but they've aged in such a way that they're really enjoyable now (well not Phantom Menace)

My main gripe with this show is Leia and how her arc just doesn't fit with A New Hope, why would her hologram message to Obi Wan say 'General Kenobi you served my father in the Clone Wars' rather than 'Hey Obi-Wan, remember me and how you saved me when I was an annoying brat?' makes no sense that. I'd of done away with Leia completely in this show and just have Obi-Wan be rescuing some random youngling we've never heard of before

Really looking forward to the final 2 episodes with hopefully more troopers, more Lightsabers and more Vader

Haha I thought this weeks was one of the weakest :LOL::rofl:

The Reva twist you could see coming a mile off and it was so poorly delivered

The best comment I read on the internet today was
"I wanted a woman to get beheaded in a fictional show by a 7ft robot. What's wrong with me"

:rofl: :rofl:

The main thing I like about the series is seeing Obi Wan and Leia together. Adds quite a bit to ‘A New Hope’ and why Leia has so much faith in him. Other Mando I’ve found these Star Wars series really average.

The main thing I like about the series is seeing Obi Wan and Leia together. Adds quite a bit to ‘A New Hope’ and why Leia has so much faith in him. Other Mando I’ve found these Star Wars series really average.

But it makes no sense?

Well...the final episode didn't make it any better for me unfortunately. But this episode showed one thing pretty clearly: I have the feeling that the director is not really a fan of Star Wars like JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson and Garreth Edwards are. I haven't thought about it that way before but two scenes in particular showed this clearly (and in hindsight another one as well):

="Palpatine looked so incredibly cheap, he was lit really weirdly, it completely looked like a fan made film or something. His acting was also the worst out of all of his SW performances, by far. Same goes for freakin Qui-Gon (!!!) He's my favourite character from Episode I but whole look is completely off here, as if they scrambled this together in a few minutes. His wig, his outfit, it just looked cheap as hell. You can really feel that the director doesn't really have a connection to the original looks of these characters even though they should be treated with more care and respect. I was thinking about that in the Anakin/Order 66 flashback scenes as well. Like, it's just 40 year old Hayden with a hood on and short hair, like wtf?! Didn't anyone think about maybe giving him a wig to make him look like Episode 3 Anakin? How about the scar?"]

The fact that they got all of this wrong and that they got these characters to return and kind of half-assed it is utterly disappointing to me and the first real Disney SW blunder for me personally. Which I now know what it feels like as a fan haha. So all in all I just wish they would have gotten a better director for this. The writing is fine I guess - I think a lot of things, including Reva, could have been mended by better direction and actor guidance.

Loved that final episode, I can even look past the still crappy Leia and Reva arcs due to the how good other moments were

really hoped Vader would have said now I have the high ground though :LOL::rofl:

Well the last 2 episodes were certainly the shows best. I did really enjoy them but over all it was a pretty poor series. Real shame. Andor looks much better

Yeah, disappointing series overall and I'm surprised there's even talks of a second season.

Is it me, but every SW show looks better than predecessor, only to find weak overall start and middle, then to have 2 episodes (maybe) saving (and that's questionable) the overall show. Repeat then rinse?

Yeah, disappointing series overall and I'm surprised there's even talks of a second season.
it’s basically because of viewing numbers. Not actual reception. It was D+ highest viewed series so far and everyone tuned in because they were excited it for it and kept tuning in to see if it got any better lol