Oblivion (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPack #007) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 16, 2020
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order on October 22 at 8 PM - UK time)
Price: £49.99
Notes: Limited to 850

1080_packshot_1024x1024.png

Oblivion Slipbox.png
oblivionsteelbook_1024x1024.png back_steelbook_1024x1024.png inside_steel_1024x1024.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens to this thread when "Possible" becomes "cancelled"?

I think it's better to discuss all this "possibilities" in a single thread, like "EverythingBlu's possible steelbooks"

When "Possible" becomes a reality then a thread can be created...just my suggestion.

What happens to this thread when "Possible" becomes "cancelled"?

I think it's better to discuss all this "possibilities" in a single thread, like "EverythingBlu's possible steelbooks"

When "Possible" becomes a reality then a thread can be created...just my suggestion.
Sounds overly convoluted to me. Different people would end up discussing different films and it'd get tough to follow. And by the sounds of it, everythingblu has full intent to make this film happen.

Not to mention, hidefninja isn't exactly booming. It's not like the individual threads are taking up space on page one that'd otherwise be used

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Watching "the mummy - Book of the living" EverythingBlu release thread, made me remember about this one.
Is this cancelled for good? Or still waiting for approbval? 2 years....

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
I was totally unaware of this one, thanks for bringing it up @bradipolpo
Hopefully it's still a go, even if they have to switch it to the BluPack line.

Was watching this yesterday and thought of this announcement. Wonder if it'll still happen.
i totally forgot about this release

i think it's really interesting and good choice to pick this film, this might by my first purchase...

I think a steelbook of Oblivion should really use the same image as the 4k case artwork - that's a spectacular image. (It's also way better than the standard blu-ray case.)

81sQED5rI4L._SX522_.jpg
i'd be beyond happy if they use that artwork... i always loved it...

Shouldn't even think about releasing this without the new 4K disc, do that and with Manta doing Edge of Tomorrow I may just be interested in this...
i'm thinking the same thing about 4K but it happens that Oblivion 4K suffers from heavy DNR, so what we get isn't the first rate in terms of PQ (but the pro is it has better audio mix than BD with Dolby Atmos)

so i'm ok just the BD on this release...

Reactions: DMD4k
I'd be interested, but I get the feeling they're going to be doing a lot more WWA before they try another WEA.

Hello everyone just a quick update.

We have put a package together and really happy with how it looks. This will now be put to Universal and HOPEFULLY can get it approved. We won't be showing any artwork etc. unless it is approved as requested by the studio so we must stress this is still only a POSSIBLE release.

But just a update to let you know we are pushing this release and the "possible" releases.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu

Any updates for us on this @EverythingBlu

I think a steelbook of Oblivion should really use the same image as the 4k case artwork - that's a spectacular image. (It's also way better than the standard blu-ray case.)

81sQED5rI4L._SX522_.jpg

Completely agree! I have the standard 4K release with this artwork, I adore it, it's a beautiful image. Getting the steelbook treatment would be perfect :drool:

Plus the line "Earth is a Memory worth fighting for" has always moved me for some reason. Underrated gem of a movie imo.