Got mine last week.
Just a personal opinion: my own subjective view on this.
It has passed a long time since I bought my last premium steelbook edition: I prefer creating them myself but this time it was ‘Oblivion’ and I decided to fall for it.
And now that I have it here, I remember why I decided not to buy this kind of editions. I mean: absolutely gorgeous effect on the slip, that’s right but... what else?
- Two patches: useless for almost (I guess) every buyer. Would have loved them to be metallic magnets, or even just metallic plates: useless yes, but much more nice.
- Character cards: I don’t understand why making them so small when you could make them taller and wider, like the artcards.
- Artcards: with concept art from the movie; big enough using all the space you have. Nice, well done
- Booklet: small. Why not taller and wider, like the artcards? And why not with staples, so you can open it wide to see the whole picture without seeing the rests of the glue used in the spine tearing up the images?
And yes: great concept art in this movie but... artcards with concept art and booklet with concept art? Why dividing it? It is just because if you don’t have a booklet and cards it is not like the other premium releases? Nonsense. If you use concept art in artcards (or in the booklet), you could use something different in the other: behind-the-scenes photos; alternative posters...
- Poster: too big to be placed folded (yes, I know: you don’t like them folded) inside the fullslip... but too small to hang it on the wall.
- Strut card: not a bad idea... but that is the poster you choose for it? Serious?
So, I have a fantastic fullslip but all the rest is just meh.