Official Interest Gauge: Red (2010) / Red 2 (2013) 4K UHD SteelBook Special Edition

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I was asked to see what you all thought of potentially releasing 4K SteelBook editions for the movies Red and Red 2?

Personally I thought they were some fun movies with a great cast.

Is this something you would want as a 2 in 1 SteelBook ? or 2 different steelbooks in a boxset? Or stand a lone ?

Any thoughts or ideas? Art recommendations etc.

Studio is watching so constructive criticism here will help gauge whether or not to make this happen.

i think they should make 1 steelbook with artwork+discs from an entirely different but actually good movie.. they can throw in red 1+2 in some generic papersleeve as a bonus if they cant shift them otherwise (wont be a purchase incentive tho)

im just kidding ofc.. i know there are lot of people liking the movie

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
that's stupid
It's been done before with some home media releases

The back of the Jcard can mention both films

Artwork for the First Film on the front and Back
First Film is the more popular of the 2 films

Doing a steelbook combing artwork for 2 films often does not end up loooking good

It would also mean you save money not having to purchase 2 separate steelbooks

Cool, maybe also put Evil Dead 2 and The Howling in there while you're at it :naughty:
Those 2 films are not connected to each other that is why they have separate steelbooks

The upcoming france releases are still separate steelbooks as in the existing steelbooks just packaged together with a Jcard

It's been done before with some home media releases

The back of the Jcard can mention both films

Artwork for the First Film on the front and Back
First Film is the more popular of the 2 films

Doing a steelbook combing artwork for 2 films often does not end up loooking good

It would also mean you save money not having to purchase 2 separate steelbooks
that's stupid

Cool, maybe also put Evil Dead 2 and The Howling in there while you're at it :naughty:
Skynet doesn't 'compute' jokes, stop confusing it, or you'll be the first on the list, when it becomes sentient.

BTW, don't remember steelbooks like that off the top of my head, but there was a mediabook recently that had an unrelated movie included, with it only mentioned on the J-card, but also with a dedicated couple of pages for it inside (see photos in thread):

Thread 'Zone 414 (2021) (Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]' Mediabook - Zone 414 (2021) (Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]

Last edited:
Reactions: Lutzo
Zero interest.

Are universal pictures the studio? If so, why no go with one of their other films which have never (to my knowledge) had a steelbook.

For example

Nutty professor

Kindergarten cop

Cape fear

Death becomes her

These are just from the 90s, there are probably many more that would be appreciated more by collectors than Red.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Zero interest.

Are universal pictures the studio? If so, why no go with one of their other films which have never (to my knowledge) had a steelbook.

For example

Nutty professor

Kindergarten cop

Cape fear

Death becomes her

These are just from the 90s, there are probably many more that would be appreciated more by collectors than Red.
The Red films is not Universal Pictures releases

Reactions: levi
@Wreck would it be an HDN exclusive? If so I’m always up for that. The RED films are fun if you take them for what they are. I’m usually for individual releases but these suit a double feature.

@Wreck would it be an HDN exclusive? If so I’m always up for that. The RED films are fun if you take them for what they are. I’m usually for individual releases but these suit a double feature.
Can't see that happening, no. It'd just be a standard bestbuy release.

Personally not interested in Red but if Summit is listenning i would rather they gave us a Vanilla Sky, Sinister or even Perks of Being a Wallflower and ill even leave them my concept for it below:

Agree on perks. Vanilla sky is paramount tho bud