Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: €24.12
Notes: Both the film and the documentary will feature English subs.

2D_Oldboy_SteelBook.jpg
19120788_772096122951476_1148532696570396672_n.jpg
18951233_1340481032733033_7709726839291655862_n.jpg oldboysteelbook.png

Last edited:
Is this pretty? I'm seriously asking. With all these artsy releases I lost my eye for steelbook beauty...

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet
I like the front but could of gone for a different image on the back instead of a different angle

At least it's very, very different to the classy steels that have gone before for this title . . . by comparison maybe a bit Mickey Mouse . . . but still not forgetting that it's inspired by original poster art:-

U.K. & S. Korea

Last edited:
Easy one to skip. I'm very happy with the Plain edition. Those who open and watch the movie may want to check if it will have English subtitles first. I know the German version of The Raid doesn't have them.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
I love the design and also love the film, so I'm definitely getting this (if it happens) along with the mediabook to add to my Oldboy collection. :D

Being a Capelight release and such a popular movie, there's a very good chance the steelbook will have some special finish. I mean if it happens at all.

Is this pretty? I'm seriously asking.

I think it is. Of course the back side is a bit of a wasted opportunity, but other than that, it's looking pretty nice. I especially like the way the hammer is going through the letter "D" in the title on the front.

Looking forward to further developments with this (possible) steelbook release!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles