Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: December 9, 2019
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

02-620987.jpg
02-620987.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They only need to stick the poster artwork on the front and it’ll sell like hot cakes. Why overcomplicate things?

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
They only need to stick the poster artwork on the front and it’ll sell like hot cakes. Why overcomplicate things?

Because the poster artwork will be used by the premium companies. Poster art isn't available to the everyday retailers for steelbooks.
Just for the amaray editions.

Because the poster artwork will be used by the premium companies. Poster art isn't available to the everyday retailers for steelbooks.
Just for the amaray editions.

I hope manta lab uses the original orange poster. That way we will get grail embossing/spot gloss and gloss ;)

Reactions: Flloydo
I hope manta lab uses the original orange poster. That way we will get grail embossing/spot gloss and gloss ;)

Would go well with the inglorious bastereds if that poster (the illustrated one I assume) would be on a full slip tbh (same as manta using the illustrated art for that FS).
But I’d also be happy with it on a steel

Really hope it's not this art in the OP for the UK (at first glance the metal strip around the window gave me the impression that di Caprio was taking a leak) ...
1568939388905.png

.... and that we get the horizontal character cards on the front as pictured elsewhere . . . ideally with a different coloured background as not too keen on the white:-
1568940197474.png

Unlikely, but would be interesting to see something in the style of the classic Play.com steelbook for PULP FICTION but with a different image ...
1568939699695.png
1568940062099.png

... or another cool one in BULLIT poster style:-
1568939876811.png
1568939970914.png

Reactions: Scraggy
Decided to start sharing some unfinished/rejected steelbook concepts I've done over the years, since someone might like them I guess.

This (with embossed title and characters) being the most recent one...

#160 Once In Hollywood (SC).png

Tarantino is my all-time favourite director, so I always feel like I want to do his films justice by only making concepts that I'm 100% happy with. Obviously it doesn't help when the majority of official poster art sucks though, which is the case here unfortunately, and mainly why I consider this one a "reject".

Decided to start sharing some unfinished/rejected steelbook concepts I've done over the years, since someone might like them I guess.

View attachment 448104

Tarantino is my all-time favourite director, so I always feel like I want to do his films justice by only making concepts that I'm 100% happy with. Obviously it doesn't help when the majority of official poster art sucks though, which is the case here unfortunately, and mainly why I consider this one a "reject".
Freaking awesome @Noodles

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

View attachment 448104

you should be working for a premium steelbook company :naughty: :naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
you should be working for a premium steelbook company :naughty: :naughty:
I wish! Seems I've more chance of becoming a professional footballer, and I can't even kick a ball to save my life. :LOL:

@Noodles I'd pay £15 delivered for a slip like that with spot gloss character and title. You're sitting on a goldmine :D
I did make custom slips for a little while, but it was too time consuming and became a bit of a headache in the end due to me never being entirely happy with the quality... spent tons on card trying to get the "right" one. (n)