Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: December 9, 2019
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

02-620987.jpg
02-620987.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Make of this what you will but it doesn’t look as bad when placed out of direct light.
The neon lit names look terrible in the light, out of it not so bad. It should have been gloss though, i tend to say that a lot but definitely on this one.
I tried taking some pics but nothing caught it how it really looks. The missus has the decent camera with her and she is away at the moment. Hopefully someone else can take pics to show how it really looks.
Ps. Looking at the pics for the US version, I can’t see any difference there, not like you get with the Disney releases.

I see a unboxing vid earlier of the HMV version and it don’t look as streaky as the US version and the neon names look a bit more vibrant on this version but the video might of not picked up the streaky matte properly. Not sure.
This is the first Tarantino film I’ve not bought straight away. Mainly due to funds atm but yeah that design isn’t great either. A good finish as in gloss would of saved it.

think I’m just going to wait for the other HMV limited edition to drop in price and see what manta come up with

Reactions: Sigill
mine came with an art cart. it was loose but it looks good. it has the 70s style poster art with all the characters on.

"there's the dog, there, pretty cool artwork" says someone who has "not seen this film yet".

Yowsers. This is ****-ugly.

agreed with @Hereticz stick with the CE vinyl edition for now, which actually really really really nice (and sells like hot cake, sold out in amazon US got back in stock and sold out again)

till we see what ML would come up with this...

Design works well - individual character cards making for a most unusual steelbook with attractive metallic reflections to the cast names and title adding some neon pizzazz . . . also happy to see an attractive white frame although - as with LA LA LAND - would have preferred ivory or cream:-
(French release pics courtesy Steelbookpro
Once-Upon-A-Time-in-Hollywood-steelbook-2-1-768x634.jpg
Once-Upon-A-Time-in-Hollywood-steelbook-2-1-768x634.jpg

Once-Upon-A-Time-in-Hollywood-steelbook4-768x478.jpg
Once-Upon-A-Time-in-Hollywood-steelbook-5-768x469.jpg

I think this is the same as the U.S. It depends on the angle of the steelbook in the image but this look like streaky matte to me. Especially the back.

But I like this steelbook overall. I like the front art.