Once Upon a Time in the West - 55th Anniversary (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 13, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99
Notes: Includes a poster, six art cards, a collectible "Morton" train sign and a vintage fold out photograph of the rail road

81I1FOxQ1rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The US version looks like it's going be be slimmer, I guess. Personally, I don't care for the cards, the sign or the poster. I would care for a booklet or better cover artwork (this thing is atrocious...), but since this doesn't seem to be happening in any region so far, shelf-space would be my priority no. 1...

Reactions: TheWildEye
:notworthy: for any news of premium release of this classic, but still ordered this edition as well. Manta, Blufans, hope you listening .

The US version looks like it's going be be slimmer, I guess. Personally, I don't care for the cards, the sign or the poster. I would care for a booklet or better cover artwork (this thing is atrocious...), but since this doesn't seem to be happening in any region so far, shelf-space would be my priority no. 1...
Paramount Presents slipcovers style packaging is USA/Canada only
Listings of other Paramount Presents releases are in Slipcover forum.

Usually europe only get's a standard amaray releases versions so nice to see this get a slipbox collector's edition release in UK.

Another restoration that has applied dnr and removed the grain. Money saved :banghead:

Yeah apparently their restoration of other movie recently - forgot name of it, got great treatment and results are same, while this one... Fooking pathetic.

Reactions: Bunk
It’s an absolute classic and a permanent fixture in my personal top ten so was always going to be an instant purchase. I’ll make my own mind up on the quality of the restoration after actually watching it but, yeah, I was disappointed upon opening it to see the lack of effort and thought that had gone into the packaging.

My 5 year old was sat there with me and actually asked ‘what does 6 x 15 make?’. Took me a few seconds to twig why he’d asked such a totally random question, but will probably take him much longer to figure out how on earth the answer was ‘Once Upon A time In The West’.