Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hey international members!

I'm hosting a group buy for any of you people out there that are interested in the Avengers: Age of Ultron blu-ray steelbook from Best Buy.

786936847338;canvasHeight=134;canvasWidth=105

Release date of October 2, 2015
Pre-order cost is $19.99
USA sales tax of 5.5% per copy

Original Ultron listing: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvels...-steelbook/4285400.p?id=3403744&skuId=4285400

Original Vision listing: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvels...-steelbook/4285600.p?id=3403743&skuId=4285600

*THE LOWEST PRICE from BEST BUY ON RELEASE DAY will be honored (not to be combined with coupons, or other special deals if not available at time of pre-order).

Due to the large amount of work for international group buys, including a few visits to the post office and packaging materials, the fee will be $3.00 for the first copy and $1 for each additional. but that TOTAL cost is DONATED TO HDN upkeep costs.

Paypal fees will be included in any invoice sent.

Limit of 2x copies per request.

Only mint / new copies will be passed on to members here.

Additionally - these steelbooks usually come wrapped in cardboard slips. I'll do my best to inspect them, but I cannot see underneath the cardboard.

Shipping options:
QUOTES are for 1 steelbook ONLY.

I will pack in the following manner - case will be bubble wrapped, in a heavier cardboard box.

Please note - with non-trackable shipping - you the buyer understand that I cannot verify it's delivery - as I leave the choice up to you, this is not my responsibility. Insurance can be purchased through a 3rd party if desired.

I will retain proof of shipping for each package.

All delivery times are ESTIMATES only. New quotes provided as necessary.

First Class International (Box) - with delivery confirm to most countries.

-delivery to most locations - 10 - 14 business days, but may take longer
France - $14.40
UK - $14.40
Canada -> $9.50

Mandatory insurance against loss or damage is $1.30 more up to $100 worth of coverage.

PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU WOULD LIKE VISION OR ULTRON!

TOTAL COUNT: 34 copies Vision, 24 copies Ultron

Requesting list:

1) Sweden @dLux x1 Ultron
2) UK @pyszny x1 Vision *Shipped 10/7
3) UK @StifflersDad x1 Vision x1 Ultron *HOLD
4) UK @Steelselecta x1 Vision *HOLD
5) Netherlands @Helios x1 Vision *fraudulent payment
6) Thailand @Jobby x1 Vision *HOLD
7) USA @taher x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/7
8) UK @jammyone x1 Vision *Shipped 10/6
9) UK @Basil x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/6
10) UK @carlito2012 x2 Vision *HOLD
11) UK @Lester x1 Vision x1 Ultron *HOLD
12) USA @AcIDc0r3 x1 Ultron x1 Vision *Shipped 10/6
13) UK @Sugnid x1 Vision *Shipped 10/6
14) UK @euaaan_ x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
15) UK @nutcaseshy x1 Vision x1 Ultron *HOLD
16) UK @jitstark x2 Vision *HOLD
17) UK @LGrima x1 Vision *Shipped 10/6
18) USA @xixhd x1 Vision x1 Ultron *combine with BTTF
19) USA @bloodsnake007 x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/6
20) Netherlands @ManuelKoegler x1 Vision *Shipped 10/7
21) USA @ripclaw x1 Vision
22) UK @Lucifer Adams x1 Vision *HOLD
23) Australia @Hazzad x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
24) UK @kaneo911 x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
25) USA @Ezcompane x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/13
26) Italy @bioba x1 Vision *HOLD
27) Australia @Futurhythm x1 Ultron *HOLD
28) UK @Matrix x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
29) USA @adarkcorner x1 Vision *Shipped 10/7
30) UK @GoDo x1 Vision x1 Ultron *HOLD
31) Thailand @Sixth x1 Vision *Shipped 10/13
32) UK @stevew1978 x1 Ultron x1 Vision
33) UK @intrceptor69 x1 Vision x1 Ultron *include F&F *Shipped 10/13
34) UK @Steelmania x1 Vision *Shipped 10/8
35) Spain @PadreKarras x2 Vision *Shipped 10/8
36) France @Hooltra x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
37) Reunion Island @Le Marquis x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
38) Peru @EfayiN x2 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
39) UK @ammar x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/7
40) Korea (USA?) @WhiskeyInTheJar x1 Ultron x1 Vision *Shipped 10/8
41) UK @Steelbookzombie x1 Vision *Shipped 10/7

42) Australia @Monkey2005 x1 Vision x1 Ultron *HOLD
43) UK @Uraki x1 Vision (BTTF) *HOLD
44) UK @davhyl x1 Ultron (BTTF)
45) UK @Grudge x1 Vision *HOLD
46) Singapore @thesource7 x1 Ultron x1 Vision *Shipped 10/13
47) UK @mbennett76 x1 Vision x1 Ultron (*aladdin)
48) UK @GinjaNinja18 x1 Vision *Shipped 10/7
49) UK @YellowCake x1 Ultron
50) Brazil @boobymcgee x1 Ultron *BTTF *HOLD
51) UK @shil x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
52) Finland @Ranavalone x1 Vision *BTTF
53) Puerto Rico @Bullet1217 x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/7
54) Spain @kootezafra x1 Vision *HOLD
55) Sweden @Vendetta x1 Vision x1 Ultron *Shipped 10/8
56) UK @timban x1 ultron x1 Vision *Shipped 10/8
57) UK @Sigill x1 Ultron x1 Vision *Shipped 10/6
58) UK @huggy2k4 x1 Ultron x1 Vision *Shipped 10/8

Reserve list (extras ordered, to be confirmed)
1) UK @timban x1 Vision (add to order) *shipped 10/8
2) UK @wayne71 x2 Vision *Shipped 10/14
3) UK @Jb162009 x1 VIsion *Shipped 10/14
4) UK @oselallo x2 Vision
5) USA @SlimJim24 x1 Vision x1 Ultron (slashes OK)
6) FR @residentevil x1 Vision

Last edited:
Can i order 1x Jurrasic Park ( 93 ) Steel Tin bb exclusive ( release oct. 20 / 16.99 ) maybe ?^^ would be great

??? I don't have any GB for that yet...perhaps we can chat about the options via PM?

2 x visio please sir to uk

Hi Andy

If possible, could i get 1 x Vision to uk please

Thanks

Will add you both to the reserve list. I have extras ordered, but can't guarantee anything until they are in hand.

Reactions: Jb162009
Can you please put me down for 1x VISION and 1x ULTRON to the US.

Andy, I don't mean to sound pushy but when will you get confirmation regarding extras? This way if you don't get any I can make my way to a Best Buy and see if I can snag a copy. The scalpers here are horrible. Thank you so much for the GB.

Can you please put me down for 1x VISION and 1x ULTRON to the US.

Andy, I don't mean to sound pushy but when will you get confirmation regarding extras? This way if you don't get any I can make my way to a Best Buy and see if I can snag a copy. The scalpers here are horrible. Thank you so much for the GB.

When they are in hand - so right now I'm waiting on shipping confirm from Best Buy.

I'm kinda wondering that these might not be shipped midweek, but rather on "release day" on Friday.

Still interested?

Yes, I am.

Where I live the 2 Best Buys get cleared out very quickly by the scalpers and on top of that they are too far away to drive to since I work all day.

When would you need the funds to pay for the steelbooks? Lastly, please let me know when you find out if you will be able to fill my order request. This way if you can't I'll try and find a way out of work to make it to a Best Buy to snag a copy at least if I'm lucky.

Your undertaking of this GB makes you very busy person indeed so I just want to thank you for your time and help. I appreciate it.

hey folks, just an update. Some of these copies shipped from Best Buy last night. A large number have not yet shipped.

They always come through, so I have confidence that I will get all the copies, but they are being delayed for some reason.

I may work through those folks at the very top of the list first, to get some of these shipped out while we're waiting for the rest to arrive.

Thanks for your patience.

I just saw pictures and videos of the release and got horrified!

Is every copy completely botched and misaligned with the debossing??:ohno::ohno::ohno: Think im going to cry.. its 10 times worse than not having the title on the spine...

I just saw pictures and videos of the release and got horrified!

Is every copy completely botched and misaligned with the debossing??:ohno::ohno::ohno: Think im going to cry.. its 10 times worse than not having the title on the spine...

I don't have these in hand yet, so hard to say how widespread the situation is.

You think you're going to cry, I'm going to have to call Best Buy and have them MANUALLY adjust the price on a large number of my orders because they shipped at $29.99.

There goes at least two hours of my Saturday, as I'll be on the phone with them. LOL

@apsmith21 We can only bow and worship at your feet for hosting these buys in the first place.:notworthy:

It's a ton of work, but to be frank, not many people offer this type of service for USA exclusives, so I recognize that many of you would be left with no alternative if someone like me didn't help...

I do appreciate the positive feedback. :thumbs:

Maybe one day soon I'll have a proper workstation to get this all shipped from! lol

Hello Andy. I am on my way to BB to see if I can get my copies. Since I don't see my name on the list I assume you we're waiting to see if I did indeed secure my copies before allowing me to take a space on your list in case I don't. Thank you.

Just got back and was able to get the copies I needed. Apparently, I got the last two of three they had. One Vision left. Thanks Andy for holding me off the list until I let you know what happened. I wouldn't want to take the space of someone who without a doubt needed copies. Thank you.

Reactions: apsmith21
GB limit is 2 copies. Also, you missed out, it appears? Not sure at this time that I'll have extras.

Hello.
I changed to x2 Vision to USA.
If there still have extra copies ...
Please let me know!
Also might need some other Best Buy Blu-ray together if I could get this x2 Vision~
Thanks!

hey everyone, many of the avengers copies have arrived. I'm starting to inspect them, and already have a number of spine slashes.

will advise as I know more.

also, spent a couple of hours yesterday getting all of you the price match of $19.99 - can't begin to explain how frustrating it was dealing with 4 different support techs, telling the same story over and over, and being dropped from numerous phone calls just as we began the process.

that being said, once the refund hits my card, everyone should be getting the $19.99 price.

remember that this week is a short week for me, I'll be leaving for New York Comic Con on Thursday, so I'll try and mail a number of you before then, while trying to get all my packing and prep done.

thank you!

Hey Andy I'd like to get on a list for either one of you have extras. Don't care which, my store was sold out early. Didn't get a chance cause of work :(

Hey Andy I'd like to get on a list for either one of you have extras. Don't care which, my store was sold out early. Didn't get a chance cause of work :(

If you are willing to take one with a spine slash, it's going to be absolutely no problem. Otherwise, you'll have to wait a bit.

Invoices sent to members that requested single copies only.

I'll get invoices sent to as many folks as I can that asked for 2x copies tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.