Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 22, 2023
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

Oppenheimer HMV.jpg

finally watched this last night and yeah have to say it’s a brilliant film. I can’t believe the cast. Literally every scene there’s a new big actor popping up. Has to be one the biggest casts I’ve seen (except maybe lord of the rings) and everyone is on their top game. Not one bad performance. Few Stand outs but everyone is great.
First Nolan film in years I didn’t find pretentious. And the score is so f**king good

I know Manta said they were going to release this but as it’s Universal will that actually happen?

I know Manta said they were going to release this but as it’s Universal will that actually happen?
They announced they had their Universal contract back, along with gaining Sony, a few months back. So I see no reason why not. They've said recently they're awaiting Universal's approval of designs for the release atm, who knows how long that'll take

They announced they had their Universal contract back, along with gaining Sony, a few months back. So I see no reason why not. They've said recently they're awaiting Universal's approval of designs for the release atm, who knows how long that'll take
Ah right I missed that about universal. Fair enough

Received my copy today, only had a glancing look on the way out. Finish looks ok, I think it is just matte though but it has the debossed title which is nice.

Is this what we're calling a printed Zero finish?
Or is zero just plain metal?

It's matte, yes, but the finish is base metal all over. Theres no matte paint or ink on the design.

So is this a printed Zero finish?

Definitely not gloss. Also, the debossed title isn't gloss in my book. It's a matte paint/ink. The only reason I think it stands out is because the main core design is flat zero.
Am I getting this wrong? Haha, I don't mind being an idiot.

When I get back from work, I'll take some closer pics. :smuggrin:

Reactions: Bob L'Eponge
Is this what we're calling a printed Zero finish?
Or is zero just plain metal?

It's matte, yes, but the finish is base metal all over. Theres no matte paint or ink on the design.

So is this a printed Zero finish?

Definitely not gloss. Also, the debossed title isn't gloss in my book. It's a matte paint/ink. The only reason I think it stands out is because the main core design is flat zero.
Am I getting this wrong? Haha, I don't mind being an idiot.

When I get back from work, I'll take some closer pics. :smuggrin:
No, you're not wrong. Haven't got it in hand myself, but it looks like zero (or matte over bare metal with a whole lot of metallic reflections), with a debossed title. Title isn't spot gloss, just a solid pastel colour, unlike the rest of the steel.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: TheWildEye
No, you're not wrong. Haven't got it in hand myself, but it looks like zero (or matte over bare metal with a whole lot of metallic reflections), with a debossed title. Title isn't spot gloss, just a solid pastel colour, unlike the rest of the steel.

It's an just an okay Steel.
Rather middling if you ask me. :whistle:
I feel its worse in hand than the photos. Deboss title is nice mind you but it looks a little lonely. For once I might actually have preferred to see the cast names above.

I might double dip on a premium for this one.
Dunkirk, Interstellar and Inception 4K WWA art and their variants are much better and recieved some higher quality material treatments.
I wonder if the other variant fairs better in hand.

Reactions: ethnosax
It's an just an okay Steel.
Rather middling if you ask me. :whistle:
I feel its worse in hand than the photos. Deboss title is nice mind you but it looks a little lonely. For once I might actually have preferred to see the cast names above.

I might double dip on a premium for this one.
Dunkirk, Interstellar and Inception 4K WWA art and their variants are much better and recieved some higher quality material treatments.
I wonder if the other variant fairs better in hand.
It's nice, but I don't think the finish is quality either tbh. I fully expect to see this art on one of manta's slips, that'll suit me.

I'm beginning to think the other variant might actually be the better overall.
Yet to see any close up images of the face design. Would be good to see some finer detail there.

I'm intrigued now; the fire design is getting a butt tonne of hearts emojis all over social media, I just don't see it though - it's so, well...3rd Division.

It looks nice(ish) in some light I guess, but it's absolutely not the steel I'd pull off the shelf to show a non collector to gush about.

The movie is a high class banger though, doesn't quite deserve the budget beauty it's living with.

Oh well, on to the next pick up. :smuggrin:

Last edited:
It's an okay steel let down by the finish...
Quite why massive releases such as this don't get special treatment but lesser deserving ones do baffles me...
Or maybe the Studios know it will sell like hotcakes despite the packaging, whereas less popular releases need the extras to draw buyers in...
Just a theory...

Reactions: crib79
Reverse psychology always applied by studios : either great movie with sh!te steelbook or great steekbook with sh!te movie ; can't ever have it both ways?

Class now discuss, w/ 400 word essays to be submitted on the subject by Monday 4pm EST :rofl:

My observations? No idea why, but always works out that way :dunno:

Reverse psychology always applied by studios : either great movie with sh!te steelbook or great steekbook with sh!te movie ; can't ever have it both ways?

Class now discuss, w/ 400 word essays to be submitted on the subject by Monday 4pm EST :rofl:

My observations? No idea why, but always works out that way :dunno:
It's a fact. No one would buy Sh!t3 movies with sh!t3 steelbooks. And great movies usually sell even without special editions because the movies are great.