Digibook Out of Africa Blu-ray Digibook [UK]

Jason Bourne

Contributor-Prints
Premium Supporter
Oct 24, 2011
Van-City, BC
Releasing in the UK on November 19, 2012.

Amazon UK Link

Actual pics courtesy of softandy:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: snowblood
I wonder if this is going to be like the US Out Of Africa digibook, ie, like the ones they have already released such in the UK such as The Sting and Pillow Talk, or whether they will be like the US Jaws Digibook

I only held off buying the US release due to the cost of importing it. I want them to also release Buck Privates as that was another US only Universal 100th Anniversary digibook

I wonder if this is going to be like the US Out Of Africa digibook, ie, like the ones they have already released such in the UK such as The Sting and Pillow Talk, or whether they will be like the US Jaws Digibook

I only held off buying the US release due to the cost of importing it. I want them to also release Buck Privates as that was another US only Universal 100th Anniversary digibook

Im just guessing but I think these will be more like the US digibook release of Out of Africa. There are some pics of the Gladiator digibook part of this wave in the Gladiator thread and it looks more like the US digibook of Out of Africa in format. Again just a guess.

some Actual pictures
201211275148.jpg

Attachments

• 201211275150.jpg
    201211275150.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 201211275151.jpg
    201211275151.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 201211275152.jpg
    201211275152.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 201211275157.jpg
    201211275157.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 201211275158.jpg
    201211275158.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 201211275165.jpg
    201211275165.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 201211275174.jpg
    201211275174.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snowblood
Unfortunately it is the awful old transfer :(
I have already written a mail to Universal UK [email protected]
I hope you do the same, even if you have not yet bought it.
This is the text:
Hello,

Although I bought the old edition in the past, I've recently purchased the 100th Anniversary Edition of "Out of Africa" Blu-Ray Disc in UK (because it includes an italian audio track).
I've realized to my great disappointment that it offers the same identical very poor quality as the copy I already have!
I know that Universal spent its effort to have a new master copy for the US with a much enhanced picture quality.
I really can't understand why giving again a very poor transfer to all the European countries.
With the label "100th Anniversary Edition", you let the customers think that the European edition uses the same master copy used in the United States - because it is also called "100th Anniversary Edition" - but unfortunately that's not true at all!!!

Sure of your seriousness already shown in the case of "The Gladiator" rest in confident expectation that you will soon start a replacement campaign to fix this embarrassing problem.
I look forward to receiving your kind reply.

Guys, I strongly recommend all of you to send an email to submit your disappointment.
Even if you didn't buy the Blu-Ray: if a fixed version is produced you will be able to purchase directly the good one!
I hope our complaint will be considered.
Thanks to everybody

Unfortunately it is the awful old transfer :(
I have already written a mail to Universal UK [email protected]
I hope you do the same, even if you have not yet bought it.
This is the text:

it's just used the old disc, not remastered. :(

Hi

Can I ask how you know this?

I've e-mailed Universal about this; but they have not replied.

Have you compared the UK digibook to the old UK release or to the remastered US disc?

I have just got my UK digibook and I'll return it if it is actually the old disc; but I want to be certain before I do so.

Thanks.

Drongo

Last edited:
Hi

Can I ask how you know this?

I've e-mailed Universal about this; but they have not replied.

Have you compared the UK digibook to the old UK release or to the remastered US disc?

I have just got my UK digibook and I'll return it if it is actually the old disc; but I want to be certain before I do so.

Thanks.

Drongo

I have compared the UK disc in the digibook to the old German release and to the remastered US disc by myself.

Reactions: Drongo
If you watch it you will immediately realize that it is very bad!
However Universal itself confirmed that...

I have compared the UK disc in the digibook to the old German release and to the remastered US disc by myself.

Thank you.

I'm appalled by this cynical decision to release the old shoddy transfer in new packaging. :angry:

I didn't realise that Universal had confirmed that it was the old release. Where did they do that? In a public statement or in reply to someone's e-mail to them?

Thanks.

Drongo

The latter:

Dear customer,

The master used is different than the US one however we have restored the International master for Blu-ray use. We do not have available any other master to provide you. We can confirm the restoration will be different per territory however it is a new master compared to the one originally available on DVD.

I’m afraid if this isn’t suitable we can only recommend you ask your retailer for a refund.

Kind regards
Universal UK

Reactions: Drongo