167.6 KB · Views: 833
  • panback.jpg
    panback.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 449
  • panslab.png
    panslab.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 442
Last edited by a moderator:
there's potential for great art here, but its hard to give up the Lenticular Canadian slip (I would only want one on my shelf)

Absolutely adore this movie...Del Toro's finest IMO! I have the Canadian Amaray with the 7.1 Audio...guessing this will be the regular UK disc of the most recent release. Will swap the discs over so no real issue. Cannot wait for the artwork!

Absolutely adore this movie...Del Toro's finest IMO! I have the Canadian Amaray with the 7.1 Audio...guessing this will be the regular UK disc of the most recent release. Will swap the discs over so no real issue. Cannot wait for the artwork!

Far as I know, the UK disc has the best picture quality as the Canadian and US releases are heavily DNR'd. However, I've read that the 5.1 audio on the UK release has not been pitch corrected, but the 2.0 audio is fine.

Shame a 100% decent release of this doesn't exist.

Reactions: lgans316
I love this film so much, bit HATE that zavvi are doing every film under the sun, will depend on the artwork, damn you zavvi, damn you!!

Fantastique, Zavvi are at heart of steelbook collecting right now, this has massive potential and I'm sure Zavvi will not disappoint, retailer of the year in my opinion. Cannot wait to see the artwork on this. Thanks Zavvi spot on.

Far as I know, the UK disc has the best picture quality as the Canadian and US releases are heavily DNR'd. However, I've read that the 5.1 audio on the UK release has not been pitch corrected, but the 2.0 audio is fine.

Shame a 100% decent release of this doesn't exist.

Not sure where you heard that about the North American discs being of inferior quality. I have both UK and Canada discs and I can assure you the NA release is the perfect copy of this release:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pans-Labyrinth-Blu-ray/611/#Review

Reactions: lolwut
Not sure where you heard that about the North American discs being of inferior quality. I have both UK and Canada discs and I can assure you the NA release is the perfect copy of this release:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pans-Labyrinth-Blu-ray/611/#Review

I agree with this. I have the standard US amaray release. I can attest to the fact that the image and sound quality is beautifully crystalline pure and very blu ray-esque. Can't wait to watch this again.

Reactions: SteelReaper
One of the films Ive been reluctant to upgrade onto Blu as Ive been holding out for a nice edition/steelbook, so depending on the artwork, Im in....

But please Zavvi, not September/October

Reactions: lolwut and lgans316
I love this film so i might have to buy it even though I have in my possession an utterly brilliant DVD boxset :) :

IXfvlm.jpg

In this set that feels like a grimoire, which I remember buying €50 in 2007, there is the DVD of the film + Bonus DVD #1 (exclusives bonuses and all the extras from the American edition) + Bonus DVD #2 (exclusives bonuses and all the extras from the Spanish edition) + exclusive 64-page book included in the boxset + CD of the soundtrack + HD-DVD of the film !

About that HD-DVD, here's a tidbit of info : the HD-DVD of this French edition of Pan's Labyrinth was the first one ever to present a feature film in HD-DVD certified THX ;).

I remember this boxset was numbered, I even remember I got something like #1500 but I threw the J-card away a couple of years ago - to be fair I don't really care about that :D.

I wasn't a collector at all, I just thought the film was worth purchasing the best available version, and now I realize it's probably the best DVD boxset I own. Wild Bunch (French distributor) rocks — I also have a pretty amazing Sin City boxset from them :).

I love this damn movie! I havent purchased this film on bluray, so I'm excited for this steelbook! :scat: Definitely my favorite Del Toro movie! :thumbs: