Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: Novermber 23, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Zoom - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99
Finish: Zero - matte w/ metallic areas. No 'bossing.
Notes: Includes black & white version.

71gQYUrjcXL._AC_SY445_.jpg

81YjFpkjpWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Received from Amazon a day before expected.
Looks to me like a zero finish with careful use of metallic effects highlighting instead of smothering the artwork.
Very smart and sleek :thumbs:

Reactions: Shark and Lutzo
Received mine... matte with metallic areas. Finish obviously could've been better, but the artwork is great, so I'll happily live with it.

Reactions: Mike84
Steelbook is a Zero finish
Zero is also not satin

Some just confuse matte with zero sometimes
It's basically satin as satin paint has a slight sheen to it. Just has a weird name in Europe.

So the steelbook has a slight sheen to it?

It's basically satin as satin paint has a slight sheen to it. Just has a weird name in Europe.

So the steelbook has a slight sheen to it?
No Zero is a low gloss finish
Zero varnish is a neutral, low-gloss finish but it maintains high colour intensity

I explained all this previously to you in posts a few pages back
Gloss and Zero varnishes enhance the intensity of colours
Matte and Satin varnishes give a soft, muted effect

Reactions: RedFridge007
Hopefully Zavvi drops the price a tad more, I like it but am hoping after 2 releases it doesn't sell too well so I can snag one!

Release date: Novermber 23, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Zoom - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99
Finish: Zero - matte w/ metallic areas. No 'bossing.
Notes: Includes black & white version.

That's an awesome description of the finish! I really do think this will be really helpful to people looking for price drops in the future if this stays in stock. :thumbs:

No Zero is a low gloss finish
Zero varnish is a neutral, low-gloss finish but it maintains high colour intensity

I explained all this previously to you in posts a few pages back
Gloss and Zero varnishes enhance the intensity of colours
Matte and Satin varnishes give a soft, muted effect
Sounds like Satin. I just painted some home interiors with satin paint and there is a low gloss effect to it. That's basically what I meant. Calling low gloss finish "zero" finish makes "zero" sense.

Since most people can't tell the difference between matte and "zero" finish, It's still unclear to me what the actual finish on this steel is. Is it matte with metallic effects or "zero" finish?

Sounds like Satin. I just painted some home interiors with satin paint and there is a low gloss effect to it. That's basically what I meant. Calling low gloss finish "zero" finish makes "zero" sense.

Since most people can't tell the difference between matte and "zero" finish, It's still unclear to me what the actual finish on this steel is. Is it matte with metallic effects or "zero" finish?

It has been decided in the OP. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: MM3
The original post says the steel has both matte and "zero" finish. :LOL:

I think the description covers it nicely. This should tell people that it's a decent matte finish (possibly "zero") and not a "cheap streaky" matte finish. And that it has metallic areas.

If anybody needs to know more information about the finish than that to decide if the finish is right for them to purchase this steelbook, then they probably don't ever want anything less than a full gloss, embossed or debossed steelbook. Outside of premiums how many do we get now that are fully glossed and bossed? 1 in 10? 1 in 20?

I don't think anyone has a "no matte of any kind but I'll take a zero finish" steelbook policy. :dunno: :LOL:

Reactions: Noodles and MM3