Writers: Bong Joon-ho, Jin Won Han
Starring: Song Kang-ho, Jo Yeo-Jeong, Woo-sik Choi, So-dam Park, Seo Joon Park
  • South Korea
  • 131 minutes
  • Color
  • 2.39:1
  • Korean
A78C7771-C725-4625-8BFA-9107E23933A1.jpeg

A zeitgeist-defining sensation that distilled a global reckoning over class inequality into a tour de force of pop-cinema subversion, Bong Joon Ho’s genre-scrambling black-comic thriller confirms his status as one of the world’s foremost filmmakers. Two families in Seoul—one barely scraping by in a dank semibasement in a low-lying neighborhood, the other living in luxury in a modern architectural marvel overlooking the city—find themselves on a collision course that will lay bare the dark contradictions of capitalism with shocking ferocity. A bravura showcase for its director’s meticulously constructed set pieces, bolstered by a brilliant ensemble cast and stunning production design, Parasite cemented the New Korean Cinema as a full-fledged international force when it swept almost every major prize from Cannes to the Academy Awards, where it made history as the first non-English-language film to win the Oscar for best picture.

0B723246-8DF2-439A-B398-BE85AE12CFCC.jpeg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
  • New 4K digital master, approved by director Bong Joon Ho and director of photography Hong Kyung Pyo, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • New audio commentary featuring Bong and critic Tony Rayns
  • Black-and-white version of the film with a new introduction by Bong, and Dolby Atmos soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • New conversation between Bong and critic Darcy Paquet
  • New interviews with Hong, production designer Lee Ha Jun, and editor Yang Jinmo
  • New program about the New Korean Cinema movement featuring Bong and filmmaker Park Chan Wook (Oldboy)
  • Cannes Film Festival press conference from 2019 featuring Bong and members of the cast
  • Master class featuring Bong from the 2019 Lumière Festival in Lyon, France
  • Storyboard comparison
  • Trailers
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Inkoo Kang

THEATRICAL TRAILER:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
Oh I had my hopes up high for Plain Archive releasing this, but with the recent developments this might actually never happen.

So I have already ordered this one and will just double dip if a premium gets released along the way.

Oh I had my hopes up high for Plain Archive releasing this, but with the recent developments this might actually never happen.

So I have already ordered this one and will just double dip if a premium gets released along the way.

Plain Archive have stated they won't be involved with the Korean release. Unless CJ hand it over to another design studio like SM Life or Art Crafts (seems unlikely) the best we can seem to hope for is an exclusive package/set from a retailer like KimchiDVD. Could still be good but I don't think it'll end up on the same level as say The Handmaiden. Of course I'd like to be proven wrong.

I quite like this package and has me looking forward to what they do with Memories of Murder as well. Glad they got both Tony and Bong for the commentary.. this'll be my 4th edition of the movie I'm picking up.