Paypal advice needed

Robles

If you’re going through hell, keep going.
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 9, 2018
UK
Ok so since I joined this site I also signed up to Paypal so that I could join in on the group buys, after winning a couple of prizes during ninja week my brother in law sent me over some funds so that I could pay the postage fees on the prizes.
For some reason, the account was very quickly Limited access in which I sorted and is now back to normal status.
Since then I have received numerous emails ( the latest I've attached a pic of) continuously saying that the account is Limited again, but it isn't.
Obviously, I want to add my banking details to the account including my cards so that I can pay for group buys, ETC on here, but to be honest I'm very concerned in doing so.
Should I be concerned or am I just over thinking it?

Attachments

• IMG_4290.PNG
    IMG_4290.PNG
    98.6 KB · Views: 158
@Robles Do not click on the button that says “click here to confirm”. If you did, go to PayPal.com and change your password immediately.

This email is not from PayPal, that’s a phishing email, designed to try and imitate official PayPal correspondence and to trick you into typing your username and password which is then collected and abused. You can tell cos they're not addressing you by your name (dear user) and there are various typos and grammar mistakes in the email.

This link will help you identify official emails from PayPal and those that aren't.

https://www.paypal.com/ae/smarthelp...ypal-and-how-do-i-report-a-spoof-email-faq681

Thanks @Apollon. I've had so many since verifying the account and was starting to get a little worried over it, but as you just said I did wonder why it was addressed to USER and not a name.

Thankfully I haven't clicked on any of the emails that have been sent, I've logged straight into paypal and everything seems to be good.

• Thanks
Reactions: rodtp and IRON MAN
In fact I would not click any link sent to you in an email for PayPal, bank account or credit card whatsoever. I would get on your browser and navigate to it yourself. As @Apollon said that's a phishing email designed solely to collect you username and password so they can maliciously abuse your account.

Reactions: Robles and rodtp