DigiPack Penny Dreadful Season 1 (Blu-ray Digipack + Slipbox) [France]

Jul 2, 2013
France
Release date: February 13, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Price : 39,99€

Note : Previous Showtime series released on Blu-ray in France (e.g: Dexter, Homeland) always had at least both French and English subtitles (no unremovable subs then) and were only Region C locked (meaning there were the region A and B logos on the back).

0.png

Slipcase including a 4 Blu-ray digipack and a 48-page book delving into:

- London in the Victorian era, by Matthew Sweet, consultant for the show.
- Interviews of Eva Green, Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton, Rory Kinnear, Billie Piper, John Logan, Sam Mendes, etc.
- Interviews of the make-up artists, costume designer and production designer.

1.png

It certainly seems like a nice alternative to the US/UK Blu-ray release of season 1 :

2.png

Last edited:
Blu-ray releases from France can't be C locked as we are located in the B region.

Plus the coding doesn't depend on thr country but the studio that releases the blu-ray.
Homeland -> 20th fox
Penny -> CBS (Paramount)

Last edited:
What I meant was that (photo I've taken from my Homeland Season 1 boxset) :

Saison 1.JPG

If the discs can be played on both region A and region B players, by elimination that would imply it's impossible to read these discs on region C players. I had just phrased that poorly in the OP.

(though season 2 of Homeland is region free) :

Saison 2.JPG

But yes, you're right, it's all about the studios anyway (Fox for Homeland vs. Paramount for Penny Dreadful). So it's Paramount, thus it's Region Free.

By the way, the price has been reduced to €37,99 ;).

Last edited:
I received mine this morning, and honestly, I would have loved posting some pics, but as soon arrived, immediatly sent back to Amazon...It's the first time I'm receiving a digipack like a pancake. As long they are using their f....A1 enveloppes...:stop: I have to wait now.:sleep:

Well...I guess I should wait to find it during my next trip in France...:whistle: After three shots, i'm giving up. Each time, the beautiful A1 enveloppe, each time , the horrible pancake :confused: I don't know if one of you has purchased one copy from ama.fr, but if he had received one safe copy, he is a lucky person :joy:

Reactions: MrsRobinson
I've had the same experience with digipacks in general, not only the French ones. But they are just ''oh so pretty'' I'm not really willing to stop trying and get a mint one sooner or later. Definitely picking this one up, love the show.

That is the perfect solution, no doubt, but I cannot access French movie stores myself ;) I do have a lovely friend from France, who always kindly helps, but I hate to bother him with requests all the time. For this one, I think, I will simply have to ;)

Reactions: Le Marquis
Well, after visiting two stores around the area, one didn't have copies of it, the other had two copies, but with defaults. This edition seems being really fragile...I'm keeping some hope...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrsRobinson