Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: Pete's Dragon
Price: £24.99

IMG_5886.JPG

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's getting closer to that £9.99 mark......

I have faith (but I'm only being like this because of the no spine title and no jazzed up premium version, I loved the film and would of paid around the £18 or just under if it had a title )

It will as it hasn't sold well. Same applies to premium releases as well these days. As always Patience is virtue (check these out, someone had a good bargain). Quite sad these ended at less than retail price.

upload_2017-2-11_22-20-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-11_22-20-5.png
    upload_2017-2-11_22-20-5.png
    273.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
It will as it hasn't sold well. Same applies to premium releases as well these days. As always Patience is virtue (check these out, someone had a good bargain). Quite sad these ended at less than retail price.

View attachment 291933

Well like I've said to you before I'm quite good at getting a bargain with patience (other times I don't want to risk it) and I actually won one of those items you have there

;)

Reactions: lgans316
I was going to grab this for £14.99 but i saw in HMV they had the 2 pack with the remake and the original for £17.99 so i went with that, ive heard the film is great so i look forward to watching it.

I was going to grab this for £14.99 but i saw in HMV they had the 2 pack with the remake and the original for £17.99 so i went with that, ive heard the film is great so i look forward to watching it.

The original was one of those Disney films I watched every day as a kid to the point it drove my parents crazy and my dad had to hide the VHS so when the new one started I wasn't sure as it's very very different and I had a feeling I wouldn't like Elliot, personally I was massively wrong and thought this was a incredible live action remake (even though the original is 3 quarters live action). Just loved everything about it and Elliot weirdly reminds me of my dog

It's shame it kinda went under the radar

Hope you enjoy

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
The original was one of those Disney films I watched every day as a kid to the point it drove my parents crazy and my dad had to hide the VHS so when the new one started I wasn't sure as it's very very different and I had a feeling I wouldn't like Elliot, personally I was massively wrong and thought this was a incredible live action remake (even though the original is 3 quarters live action). Just loved everything about it and Elliot weirdly reminds me of my dog

It's shame it kinda went under the radar

Hope you enjoy

I loved the original too, watched it countless times as a kid, havent seen its in 18 years i think, so i look forward to revisiting it

• Thanks
@zavvi is there any info you can provide as to the release of the 3D Disk ?

This Disney Release is very Strange as it got a 3D Release for Theater
but The Zavvi Exclusive does not contain the 3D Disk.
Will it be released in a near future by Zavvi ?
Why wasn't the 3D Disk released with this ''Zavvi exclusive'' ?

Sorry for all the questions but it is difficult to get an answer on this topic.
Please Help :emb:

i have been trying to save money for some premium editions i want but zavvi got some good deals right now i can not refuse! lol...this is 12.99 plus 10% discount on top, how could you say no? :)

• Thanks
i have been trying to save money for some premium editions i want but zavvi got some good deals right now i can not refuse! lol...this is 12.99 plus 10% discount on top, how could you say no? :)

Ended up doing the same yesterday

I really would prefer a premium or at least a damn PET slip for a spine title but for that price with 10% off I can't grumble plus i loved the film,

It underperformed too so I can't see them wasting their time with a premium

If anyone is any good at making spine titles (i dont have the resources then feel free to PM me and we can talk business ;) - even if it's something to pop in the Poly bag - it don't have to stick on)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: spookz and tono06
wow i got this today, this is a record.....it took 5 day to get to me, thats crazy! any how, decent steelbook but i hope in the future we get something better...........

I agree, got mine and it's better in hand than I thought it would be but I wish the sky was more blue and less metallic.

The spot gloss is very nice and colourful but the sky not so much.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I prefer this spine with a action shot to just faces like the others. But I still want a title lol
Not bad for just over £11

£24.99 on pre-order date and wait 4 months it drops down to £11.70 with discount code, same with Alice Looking Glass. Pretty awful for those that paid full price. Just shows it's really not worth buying steels from Zavvi for full price and should just have some patience and push the release date back like 3-4 months until it drops.

Obviously some steels do sell out with no price drop similar to these. For example Jungle Book. I did not expect that to sell out at full price. But hey ho, always a back up plan, and snagged the Blufans Lenti, well worth the price.

Reactions: gaeljet
Can't work out why anyone would pay £24.99 anyway considering its missing the 3D disc

This should of been £19.99 tops at pre order

Reactions: gaeljet