Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed Pieces (Deluxe Edition) (Blu-ray + DVD + CD + Vinyl + Puzzle) (Arrow Store Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 27th ,2017 (Arrow) - August 28th , 2017 (Amazon)
Purchase Link: http://www.piecesdeluxe.com - Amazon UK
Price: £59.99 (Arrow) - £39.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 1,000 (Arrow)
Amazon Edition does not include the Vinyl

Pieces_main_image_v2.jpg

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
Limited to 500 - 1,000 pieces
Note
Decision on how Limited not decided yet

•Brand new 4K transfer from the original camera negative
•Two versions of the feature: Pieces, the US theatrical version, and Mil Gritos Tiene La Noche, the original uncensored director's cut, presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor [Blu-ray exclusive]
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
•Original English and Spanish Mono Audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•5.1 Vine Theater Experience
•Alternate Re-score by composer Umberto
•Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
•It’s Exactly What You Think It Is! – brand new featurette offering up an appreciation of Pieces by various filmmaker fans
•Brand new interview with art director Gonzalo Gonzalo
•Pieces of Juan – a career-spanning interview with director Juan Piquer Simón
•The Reddest Herring – extensive interview with actor Paul Smith, including a discussion of Pieces
•Audio Interview with producer Steve Minasian
•Image Galleries
•Theatrical Trailer
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach
•Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Michael Gingold
•Soundtrack CD featuring the entire original score
Limited Edition 180 gram 12” Vinyl of the original score, featuring expanded artwork by Marc Schoenbach
100-piece jigsaw puzzle replica

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
This release is a UK Arrow Store exclusive
A decision on how limited is not decided yet
It will be limited between 500 to 1000

I expect this to sell out extremely quickly when it does go live to order

I don't like the movie but the soundtrack got some nice jazz-soul-horror 70s Blaxploitation 80s Horror thing going on. One track by Fabio Frizzi and a bunch from Cipriani. Both always deliver(ed). Rest is done by Carla Maria Corlo. This was released for the very first time on vinyl early this year by WRWTFWW. You can listen to some of the tracks at their Bandcamp HERE

I'll pick this up if it's reasonable priced. I don't care for the puzzle. And the vinyl is still available in regular black for 19,99 EUR.
But a nice idea from Arrow to include the vinyl :thumbs:

I thought the movie was great! A fun old school slasher. As long as the price isn't too high I will be going for this!

I have the USA grindhouse releasing edition which has a cool slipcover

I might get the arrow exclusive but depends on the price

If price is out of my budget range I will get the other limited edition arrow are releasing even though I already have the grindhouse releasing Blu-ray

I don't know..........i will either pick this up or the standard limited edition. Somtimes i think the inclusion of stuff like the vinyl and puzzle actually detract from the the attractiveness of a package. For me, stuff like this somtimes push the package into "kitsch" territory, strictly my opinion though. I will ponder, but for now the standard limited is what i think i'll go for. Haven't seen this film in years and dont own it, so now is the time.......

I don't know..........i will either pick this up or the standard limited edition. Somtimes i think the inclusion of stuff like the vinyl and puzzle actually detract from the the attractiveness of a package. For me, stuff like this somtimes push the package into "kitsch" territory, strictly my opinion though. I will ponder, but for now the standard limited is what i think i'll go for. Haven't seen this film in years and dont own it, so now is the time.......

I'm in the same boat. I love the effort Arrow put into producing their packaging and booklets, but the inclusion of the vinyl and jigsaw puzzle has put me off getting this one.

I'm in the same boat. I love the effort Arrow put into producing their packaging and booklets, but the inclusion of the vinyl and jigsaw puzzle has put me off getting this one.
Yeah, i love Arrow's deluxe digipak releases - absolutely awesome, and they look great on the shelf, even if the digi pak card slipcovers/cases are a tad bigger than your blu ray amaray/steelbook cases. But, for one, this extra stuff doesn't fit well (if at all) on the shelf, so you can't actually store them next to the blu ray packaging they are part of - they have to be put "over here" or "over there", away from the release that they are part of.

Arrow Video Facebook
Attention! Our Exclusive Pieces Deluxe Limited Edition release will be available for pre-order via a bespoke website on Friday the 13th of January!

This edition will be limited to just 1,000 pieces. Check out the specs below and make sure to set a reminder so you don't miss out!

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
• Limited to 1,000 pieces
• Brand new 4K transfer from the original camera negative
• Two versions of the feature: Pieces, the US theatrical version, and Mil Gritos Tiene La Noche, the original uncensored director's cut, presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor [Blu-ray exclusive]
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original English and Spanish Mono Audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• 5.1 Vine Theater Experience
• Alternate Re-score by composer Umberto
• Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
• It’s Exactly What You Think It Is! – brand new featurette offering up an appreciation of Pieces by various filmmaker fans
• Brand new interview with art director Gonzalo Gonzalo
• Pieces of Juan – a career-spanning interview with director Juan Piquer Simón
• The Reddest Herring – extensive interview with actor Paul Smith, including a discussion of Pieces
• Audio Interview with producer Steve Minasian
• Image Galleries
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Michael Gingold
• Soundtrack CD featuring the entire original score
• Limited Edition 180 gram 12” Vinyl of the original score, featuring expanded artwork by Marc Schoenbach
• 100-piece jigsaw puzzle replica

15871984_1413971748636815_1549222050085098109_n.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut and SeppeDR
Note
This will be not on Arrow Films Website to purchase you wont be able to use your reward points
It will be available for pre-order via a bespoke website similar to the Shock and Gore and Withnail and I (Limited Edition Box Sets)

Bespoke website link and pricing will be listed closer to pre order date Friday the 13th of January
Pricing is still to be decided

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SeppeDR
Arrow Video had said it's most likely the Limited Edition 180 gram 12” Vinyl will be shipped separate to the Box Set

From Arrow FB:

***Pieces Deluxe Limited Edition (Dual Format, CD, Vinyl, Puzzle) MICROSITE EXCLUSIVE Update***

We are pleased to be able to reveal some more key information about our Limited Edition Pieces release!

TIME - The release will be up for pre-order at 4.30pm GMT on Friday the 13th of January.
PRICE - The set will be priced at £59.99.
URL - We will share this tomorrow so make sure to keep an eye on our feed for this info.

We will also be including a full FAQ on the microsite which should hopefully answer any other questions you folks have.

Thanks for your patience!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
The price is ridiculous.
The regular black vinyl is available for 17,99 GBP http://wrwtfww.com/album/pieces-original-motion-picture-soundtrack (BTW, at release there was exactly the same package available with colored vinyl, puzzle, print limited to 50 copies)
Let's say the colored vinyl variant is worth 25 GBP. The movie itself with Slipcover is worth 15 GBP (like Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia right now on Amazon UK)
Then you pay 20 GBP just for the puzzle :bored:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
The price is ridiculous.
The regular black vinyl is available for 17,99 GBP http://wrwtfww.com/album/pieces-original-motion-picture-soundtrack (BTW, at release there was exactly the same package available with colored vinyl, puzzle, print limited to 50 copies)
Let's say the colored vinyl variant is worth 25 GBP. The movie itself with Slipcover is worth 15 GBP (like Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia right now on Amazon UK)
Then you pay 20 GBP just for the puzzle :bored:
The movie itself with Slipcover
The Standard Limited Edition without the Vinyl and Puzzle is £24.99 it's even more expensive from amazon £29.41

Vinyl is colour

Black Vinyl is £17.99 and would be cheaper price than the colour Vinyl
It would cost you £42.98 just to get the Standard Limited Edition and Black Vinyl if purchase separate
Blu-ray from zavvi/arrow and black vinyl from wrwtfww records

It's extra £17.01 to get the Colour Vinyl and Puzzle

Last edited: