Pirates of the Caribbean 1-5 Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

Jul 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Release date: April 7, 2023
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €79.99

Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg
Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: apsmith21
Good colours and sharp images though.. I might even go as far as saying better colours and image quality than the original zavvi trilogy, putting the spot gloss and embossing to one side.

Thanks for the information. Was wondering about the quality as I was considering buying the original 3 Zavvi steelbooks.

That part 4 UK is horrendous though. I've got the Canadian viva metal pack, which is awesome, and what the steelbook should have been. Still not sure whether I should've bothered with these 4K steels tbh, it really wasn't a necessary purchase.
Agreed part 4 looks horrid, I like the front design but all the text and bluray banners drive me nuts but I got it purely because it was £5 in HMV years ago and i needed part 4 to complete my pirates steel collection at the time, I would love for a individual release from this boxset to come out but i doubt they will do that.

Agreed part 4 looks horrid, I like the front design but all the text and bluray banners drive me nuts but I got it purely because it was £5 in HMV years ago and i needed part 4 to complete my pirates steel collection at the time, I would love for a individual release from this boxset to come out but i doubt they will do that.
Steels of that age, with banners a bbfc logos, make my skin crawl. I don't think I've got a single one in my collection, thankfully. Fair on the price, just to plug the gap, but that's why I sourced the viva, which really is excellent. I'd be surprised if there were individual releases of these, you may find some on ebay though, with people just buying the set for the original 3.

Reactions: thewoe
I just got my set and I have mixed feelings about it, as a set is cool but as individual Steelbooks I just don’t like them, the cropping on the art it’s bad but I guess as an owner of the original Steelbooks I may be a bit harsh lol

I just got my set and I have mixed feelings about it, as a set is cool but as individual Steelbooks I just don’t like them, the cropping on the art it’s bad but I guess as an owner of the original Steelbooks I may be a bit harsh lol
Same. Mixed feelings. Honestly the cropping seems bad, but it isn't so much when you look at what's actually missing in the image vs the og zavvi trilogy. 3 is probably the worst.

Would've been much better if they'd extended the image vertically, and had the cast credits inside the image. Filled the gap and voided the cropping then... but nevermind.

Reactions: tono06
Same. Mixed feelings. Honestly the cropping seems bad, but it isn't so much when you look at what's actually missing in the image vs the og zavvi trilogy. 3 is probably the worst.

Would've been much better if they'd extended the image vertically, and had the cast credits inside the image. Filled the gap and voided the cropping then... but nevermind.

They should have get rid of the Disney logo. So useless.

They should have get rid of the Disney logo. So useless.
The disney logo was on the original steels too, there's no avoiding it. If anything the placement is better this time, particularly on the first one, it looks so out of place shoved mid image above the title.