Pirates of The Caribbean 1-5 Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 10, 2023 - May 8, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £99.99 (Zavvi - Amazon) - £89.99 (HMV)
Notes: Was previously a Zavvi exclusive

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 17.30.45 Large.jpeg Pirates of the caribbean Box Set.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So… how do we Non-UK collectors order it ???

I’d be happy to order some and send them internationally. I have 600+ positive feedback on eBay. I’d send them at cost plus shipping plus £12 (this would include a shipping box and bubblewrap and compensation for my time and fuel).

I have to say it looks worse than I thought. Crappy printed box with matte SB’s. Unless the SB’s are streaky AF I can’t imgjne it being much worse (for this day an age, obviously they could print logos on the SB’s as well).

Reactions: astycorax
I have to say it looks worse than I thought. Crappy printed box with matte SB’s. Unless the SB’s are streaky AF I can’t imgjne it being much worse (for this day an age, obviously they could print logos on the SB’s as well).
Tbf, as far as non glossy steels go, they're not bad. Not streaky. They're also a zero finish, so a smidge better that meh matte.

Reactions: djjez83
Tbf, as far as non glossy steels go, they're not bad. Not streaky. They're also a zero finish, so a smidge better that meh matte.

Yeah. Obviously original trilogy steelbooks from Zavvi are miles ahead of these 2nd edition ones. But 4-5 are great addition.

Reactions: samdavies
At least no more exclusives from Zavvi. God only knows why HMV came to the party late.
HMV is same issue UK Delivery address only

For maximum sales UK distributors need to do trade wide
If going to have a release as a retailer exclusive use a UK retailer that ships worldwide

Anyone waiting for a price drop on this I wouldn’t bother - it’s about to sell out. Had to bite the bullet & pay the full £99.99 for it.

I was hoping for better results, but the 4K transfers here are only very minor improvements (if at all) over the blu ray. I’m keeping 2 of the 5 just because of the steels, which aren’t bad just a little basic.