Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mar 15, 2017
Release date: October 3, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

5982609_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in disbelief a little. This is probably the best looking, most well designed WWA steelbook I've seen in a very long time.

I am NEVER interested in Zavvi or Best Buy steelbook anymore, but this one looks to be a real gem. I'm impressed :thumbs:

Yeah I'm quite impressed by this myself but I hate the movies. If I liked the movies I would get this.
I think it looks even better in the packaging. The black of the 4K packaging goes really well with this.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
I am in disbelief a little. This is probably the best looking, most well designed WWA steelbook I've seen in a very long time.
They're not identical though.

German edition has no title in the front and pictures of heads again on the spine. Like the Rogue One steelbook.

I thought someone said this was full gloss aswell? Back looks matte....

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jimmyv
German edition has no title in the front and pictures of heads again on the spine. Like the Rogue One steelbook.

I thought someone said this was full gloss aswell? Back looks matte....
There are apparently three versions: UK (EU Title Spine+Front, Spot Gloss on Skull, Embossed), US (Full Gloss, Debossed US Title+Skull), Europe (Germany) (No title on spine or front, Spot Gloss on Skull, Embossed).
And the German Rogue One Steelbook was debossed and had a title on both front and spine. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
With the new pics seen elsewhere . . . not just de-bossing of title but also of the eyes, nose and mouth of the skull . . . it's certainly gone up in my estimation.
Not too much in it to choose between the two but with the new info/pics if I had to choose only one it would have be this one from the US if only because of the unexpected 'bossing - not just to the title as previously revealed - but also to the skull.
It also appears to be glossier than the one due in the UK.
There's also the original undertitle which some may prefer.

Side-by-side / over-and-under US / UK:-
US . . . Finish = full gloss (to my eyes)

UK . . . Finish = spot-gloss on a zero or satin base:-
Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Salazar-Revenge-steelbook-5.jpg

Last edited:
It’s not full gloss from what I’m seeing.

Definitely spot gloss around all the debossing, parts of the skull, etc...you can see the outline where the finish looks less shiny on the rest of the steelbook. Makes it pop quite a bit. Looks more like the UK version I think in that regard.

@BluSteel2012
I was thinking more of the rear cover.

Other Best Buy POTC steelbooks I have are all full gloss.

Never mind, I can see in the video that its matte like UK. I'll just go with that one then as I want the 3D.....