Release date: November 14, 2020
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: CZK 1199
Group buy: hosted by carllenc
Note: Full Slip XL. 501 copies

0E2B5435-0940-4D84-88C4-34715B0B7D22.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently watching this on Amazon.

Now I remember why I wasn't mad about this.

The film would be much better without the annoying hokey camerawork. The stupid random 'distorted ratio' shots, (WTF?) the choppy up close editing during action scenes. And the annoying over the top filters used for outside scenes.

I'll pass for this. Can't bring myself to pay a premium for it.

I'm sure the package will blow us away though........

So would have got this. Love this movie. But XL slip? Nope. Bigger is not necessarily always better. Pity.

I see a lot of people saying no to XL slips but I also see a lot of recent announcements for XL releases.
Is there any reason to believe that a majority of FA's future releases won't be XL slips?

Are people going to stop buying their releases if they are? I mean eventually after a number of XL releases these would look normal together on a shelf wouldn't they?

Just wondering.

I see a lot of people saying no to XL slips but I also see a lot of recent announcements for XL releases.
Is there any reason to believe that a majority of FA's future releases won't be XL slips?

Are people going to stop buying their releases if they are? I mean eventually after a number of XL releases these would look normal together on a shelf wouldn't they?

Just wondering.
I guess it’s just a preference thing. FAC are doing something a bit different at least. For my part, I’m a hell of a lot happier with Manta Lab’s output. But my budget is limited, so the luxury of preference is fundamental to my buying. Big time collectors (which I’m not) can go ahead and grab whatever they like. But I have been disappointed with FAC and HDZeta of late, mainly because of their velvet card stock, which I loathe.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian

Just wondering.

For me shelf space is so crucial. Every 2 XL boxes takes up the space of at least 3 or 4 non-XL releases and I have to ask myself if a film like Pitch Black (good as it is) is really so important that it should deny 2 or 3 other other good films from being on my shelves at all. Personally I'd prefer the most slim package possible, even if it meant having any booklet supplied separately. Plus to me at least they look at bit out of place with the rest of my collection.

Well that's my 2 cents on the subject anyway :).

XL / not doesn‘t matter for me. If it‘s a good movie and the slip is worth it then i will add it to my collection. You have OC from HDzeta and Blufans, Kimchi O-Rings, the normal slips, just normal steelbooks....all different sizes....so where is the problem with FAC XL ;)
Agree 100%.
Would rather buy an XL slip of a movie I absolutely LOVE than buy 1-click of some average shite that people seem so fond of doing.

Its not just the size. It adds extra mass as well which can mean more shipping cost and a limit on how many you could ship together. The releases are also more expensive for the most part. Many valid reasons other than the "size" for sure

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T and Stygian