Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: August 6, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

1562272771945.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a beautiful release. Vibrant colors that pop with the super glossy finish. Only thing I might’ve done was deboss the dark area around “Detective” and the top of “Pikachu”. And the card is a nice little bonus for those who may have missed it in theater

5E23E902-AC84-4A4F-AA51-D7C2946CF8FB.jpeg

191E5B4F-58F6-4B2F-9D93-D7818BFF317D.jpeg

84031787-D5E7-4418-B47C-3169227D2DA0.jpeg

3386F7A9-636A-4490-9355-7F17BFD1E7FD.jpeg

87DC673F-2C42-4DB5-9A01-C4C4CD290F0F.jpeg

087435DE-4ADE-44FB-BD76-204700F88EB1.jpeg

Now the question is... will the UK version of this be full glossy, or will we get the shaft and get a crappy matt version?!

I'm hoping for gloss but I'm fully expecting matt, which would be a massive shame.

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Im disappointed mine came with the title spine super crooked to where the bottom is so far right it looks horrible... How does a machine put these titles on the spine crooked and some perfect?

And now Best Buy is Sold Out so I cant even test my luck to order another one and hope for a straight Spine title. HORRIBLE QC SCANAVO!(SMH)

Im disappointed mine came with the title spine super crooked to where the bottom is so far right it looks horrible... How does a machine put these titles on the spine crooked and some perfect?

And now Best Buy is Sold Out so I cant even test my luck to order another one and hope for a straight Spine title. HORRIBLE QC SCANAVO!(SMH)
If you have a clean razor blade and maybe some double sided scrapbooking tape, you can remove the spine and reposition it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
Artwork updated

The inside artwork is completely whack on the inside and they could’ve did something so much better like displayed the entire city with tons of Pokémon. Something like a detailed scene but no they put just the main character blasted across the left and right side on the inside which is really uncreative ... The front and back on the outside is good artwork though.

Since my Best Buy copy arrived damage with a crooked title as well as it has a small dent I ended up pre ordering on Zavvi UK and was I wondering if anyone knows if the Zavvi UK edition will have the same “Finish” as the Best But copies?

Also, its weird that after checking Zavvi US website over the UK Zavvi site for some reason its cheaper for me including shipping to import then it is for me to order from their US Zavvi site...

If I live in the US how is it cheaper to import from Zavvi UK versus Zavvi US when I reside in the US??

I would assume it would be more expensive to import from the same company but they charge about $3 more on the US site to have it sent from closer. I assume they have a US warehouse.

I hope the UK Zavvi is the same exact as the Best But because I just want that version Mint...

Getting a Mint steelbook is like winning a lottery